i7-6700
Graphics
RX580 / HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I built my new hackintosh yesterday with a GA-Z97-D3H, i5-4690, 8GB Corsair Vengeance. I would call it a success because it worked with integrated HD4600.

Then I tried to install the GTX 750 this way
Installed WebDrivers 343.02.02 on Yosemite 10.10.2. Sysdef to MacPro3,1
Shutdown
Plug VGA onto PCIE
Turn On
Flag nvda_drv=1

then I receive a grey screen with a (/) after a while booting. Interesting enough with -x nvda_drv=1 it boots and the system recognize the GTX 750 Ti 2047MB.

So any hint. I followed Hector with GTX 750, but couldn't get to work IG when GTX750 was plugged. At least no signal, only from GTX750.

As per my knowledge you can enable only one graphics adapter at a time.

Yes, but when I boot to Mac an receive the grey screen the Integrated Graphics was disabled in MOBO, only booting with GTX750.

But following this tutorial, Stork said to keep both enabled and boot. I tried this too with same problem.

Both need to be enabled only one time. After recognizing and getting output through Graphics Card, then the Processor Graphics need to be disabled.

If you have doubts on this, i think you can post your doubt on the same thread/guide which you have followed. So you will get fast response with the solution.

Posted #188 into that tutorial.

I followed it but, I think my problem is a little bit different. Why whith -x it boots and recognizes the VGA? Also, my motherboard is another model. What possibly could i've done wrong?
Bootflag "-x" using for safe boot. While booting with this flag it will boot with basic drivers only.

Yes. I know -x is safe mode. But, loading basic drivers it even shouldn't recognize the GTX 750 but it does when bootng with -x nvda_drv=1.

Should try other kind of boot flag? Tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No without success.
For loading NVIDIA Web driver you have to use nvda_drv=1 in any mode. Otherwise it will ignore your web driver.
No use of "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in your case. Instead of that use "GraphicsEnabler=No"

Use the default GraphicsEnabler=No for the GTX 750/750 Ti. (BTW, I have a GTX 750 Ti, not a GTX 750.)

Thanks for the reply Stork. Mine is a GTX 750 TI Black Edition 2GB DDR5 from Gigabyte.

Any hint with Im able to boot with -x nvda_drv=1 but without -x won't go forward?

first boot with nv_disable=1 (don't use GraphicsEnabler or nvda_drv). Install Nvidia graphics drivers found in this forum for 10.10.2 (assuming that's what you're installing). Reboot but remove nv_disable and use nvda_drv=1. Simple as that.

Thanks for the advice bennynihon.

Just correct me then:
Clean install of Yosemite without GTX750Ti.
Shutdown
Install GTX750. Disable IGP.
First boot with nv_disable=1
Intall Multibeast and Webdrivers
Reboot
Flag nvda_drv=1 or without this flag?

nope. I installed with the GTX 750 in the Pcie slot. You should disable the IGP in the BIOS and be sure to set nv_disable=1 as you install and for your first boot post install (use clover configurator or similar to edit boot flags of your USB install stick) . The first boot might be extremely slow because of the lack of graphics drivers. Install the Nvidia web drivers and install clover bootloader to the EFI partition of your hack's hard drive (remember you were booting with the EFI partition of your USB stick while installing and when first booting) and be sure to set to boot flags for it to nvda_drv=1 so it will boot up properly. When you install clover to the EFI partition, just mimic the same install process you used to setup the USB install stick (setting up boot parameters, copy kexts, etc.)

Thanks for the reply Stork. Mine is a GTX 750 TI Black Edition 2GB DDR5 from Gigabyte.

Any hint with Im able to boot with -x nvda_drv=1 but without -x won't go forward?
Nope, since you haven't put your motherboard, processor and graphics components in your signature block and Profile. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies for signature block guidelines. For your Profile (Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site):
System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)​
See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back