Contribute
Register

Install from Mojave not shown in Boot Loader, and Mojave Unibeast not recognized as UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo AllSpark 5A2
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX-960M
So I already have Mac OS High Sierra 12.0 Installed on my Lenovo Ideapad Y700 right now with much of it working, however I am not trying to install Mac OS Mojave because (it's sickk) plus why not! Although while installing I came through a problem I have never seen before. Here's the details:

BG: I have an ssd and a HDD, SSD has windows installed in it! and HDD has mac. with clover bootloader installed.

I download Mac OS Mojave 14.2 from the App Store, and have the .app file downloaded on my Hackintosh, then I went ahead and installed unibeast.

Then I tried to create a bootable USB with the Uni Beast9.0

Note: I already put usb to be on the top.

Note2: My laptop doens't even recognize the USB as a UEFI bootable Usb

now when I boot and have the USB plugged in, I don't see the install from mac at all, and it also only loads the UEFI from the HDD.

I tried both UEFI or Legacy and in both ways, it still only loads the HDD Boot Loader.

In either of the case even tough it loads the HDD Boot Loader I still can't see install mac os from mojave thingi!!

that's all

tldr; Install from Mojave doesn't show in boot loader, nor does Unibeast boot loader work.

Note: I also tried running the Install Mojave.app and trying to update that ways, but it will always just get stuck for a while at appleacpi thingi and then start back running and then again finally get stuck at "continue" (Yes, this is what the last line actually was) and crash and reboot.

Last edited:
GetInfo of Install .app that You have downloaded. If the size is less than 6GB then you can’t use it. Other way, you can using Mojave Patcher for download full size of Install .app. And use terminal for create usb boot.

GetInfo of Install .app that You have downloaded. If the size is less than 6GB then you can’t use it. Other way, you can using Mojave Patcher for download full size of Install .app. And use terminal for create usb boot.

I already checked it and it is 6,026,291,566 bytes (6.02 GB on disk) so it seems fine that way! hence I am not really sure what is the issue here.

I also tried running the Install Mojave.app and trying to update that ways, but it will always just get stuck for a while at appleacpi thingi and then start back running and then again finally get stuck at "continue" (Yes, this is what the last line actually was) and crash and reboot.

I already checked it and it is 6,026,291,566 bytes (6.02 GB on disk) so it seems fine that way! hence I am not really sure what is the issue here.

I also tried running the Install Mojave.app and trying to update that ways, but it will always just get stuck for a while at appleacpi thingi and then start back running and then again finally get stuck at "continue" (Yes, this is what the last line actually was) and crash and reboot.
unibeast is mainly for desktops

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I would try the above mentioned method and tell you how it goes, however the last time I installed High Sierra I used unibeast with it and it worked completely fine.

I would try the above mentioned method and tell you how it goes, however the last time I installed High Sierra I used unibeast with it and it worked completely fine.
You should use terminal + clover (search clover and download the .pkg for install) instead of unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back