Graphics
gtx 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can not instal the OS X 10.8.5 from UniBeast 2.1.1 I'm stuck in the spinning:beachball: what am I doing wrong i am on a haswell

I can not instal the OS X 10.8.5 from UniBeast 2.1.1 I'm stuck in the spinning:beachball: what am I doing wrong i am on a haswell

I'm having -- I think -- the same issue. The initial install of Mountain Lion from Unibeast goes OK, but then when I boot from the USB drive & select my Mountain Lion installation, it hangs at the grey spinning circle.

This is an a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H with i7-4770K & 120 GB SSD (all as per your hardware recommendations).

Any suggestions?

I'm having -- I think -- the same issue. The initial install of Mountain Lion from Unibeast goes OK, but then when I boot from the USB drive & select my Mountain Lion installation, it hangs at the grey spinning circle.

This is an a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H with i7-4770K & 120 GB SSD (all as per your hardware recommendations).

Any suggestions?
Boot with -v take screen shot and post it. Could be a couple of things.

I am having the same issue on 2 systems

System 1 GA-Z77X-UD5H I7 3770K
System 2 GA-Z87X-UD3H I7 4770K

Boot with -v take screen shot and post it. Could be a couple of things.

Excuse the noob questions, but how do I pass the -v flag? And how do I take a screenshot during boot?

Excuse the noob questions, but how do I pass the -v flag? And how do I take a screenshot during boot?

Type -v at the Chimera screen before hitting enter. Use a camera.

Type -v at the Chimera screen before hitting enter. Use a camera.

Gotcha.

No error at the point where it hangs (enumerating a USB device):

IMG_20131002_112859_178.jpg

The only USB devices are keyboard, mouse, & Unibeast flash drive.

thanks for the help!

Gotcha.

No error at the point where it hangs (enumerating a USB device):

View attachment 68865

The only USB devices are keyboard, mouse, & Unibeast flash drive.

thanks for the help!

Probably a graphics problem. But no one can help until you fill out your profile so we know what hardware you have.

Probably a graphics problem. But no one can help until you fill out your profile so we know what hardware you have.

As per a suggestion in another thread I tried booting with:

-v -x -cpus=1

That did the trick. I'm very impressed with the speed & quality of the community support here.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back