Intel Core i5 4670K Boxed
Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Today I woke up with the courage to upgrade my Yosemite machine to a macOS Sierra. Although I say upgrade it is basically a fresh install as I already erased my boot/main OS disk.

So I am able to boot into the installer and perform the install process of macOS Sierra, but during the install it fails with the following lines:

Oct 3 23:37:13 iMac OSInstaller[515]: There are still active callers
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcd0e5a21c0 {Error Domain=PKXARArchiveErrorDomain Code=101 "archive verify failed" UserInfo={NSURL=file:///System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg#Payload, NSFileOwnerAccountID=99, NSFileHFSTypeCode=0, NSFileSystemFileNumber=49609, NSFileExtensionHidden=false, NSFileSystemNumber=16777233, NSFileSize=4129545654, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountID=99, NSFileOwnerAccountName=_unknown, NSFilePosixPermissions=420, NSFileHFSCreatorCode=0, NSFileCreationDate=2016-09-14 02:25:49 +0000, NSFileType=NSFileTypeRegular, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountName=_unknown, NSFileReferenceCount=1, NSFileModificationDate=2016-09-14 02:25:49 +0000, NSLocalizedDescription=archive verify failed}}, NSFilePath=/Volumes/OS/.OSInstallSandboxPath/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file:///System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg#Distribution, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”.} {
NSFilePath = "/Volumes/OS/.OSInstallSandboxPath/Root";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cEssentials.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "Essentials.pkg -- file:///System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg#Distribution";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=PKXARArchiveErrorDomain Code=101 \"archive verify failed\" UserInfo={NSURL=file:///System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg#Payload, NSFileOwnerAccountID=99, NSFileHFSTypeCode=0, NSFileSystemFileNumber=49609, NSFileExtensionHidden=false, NSFileSystemNumber=16777233, NSFileSize=4129545654, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountID=99, NSFileOwnerAccountName=_unknown, NSFilePosixPermissions=420, NSFileHFSCreatorCode=0, NSFileCreationDate=2016-09-14 02:25:49 +0000, NSFileType=NSFileTypeRegular, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountName=_unknown, NSFileReferenOct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: OSIInstallElement <OSIInstallElement: 0x7fcd0e2176c0> errored out:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the ‘D’ key until diagnostics begins." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the ‘D’ key until diagnostics begins.}
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: ------- Install Failed -------
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: Operation: Install packages failed, Failure Reason: "An error occurred installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the ‘D’ key until diagnostics begins." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the ‘D’ key until diagnostics begins.}
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: client 0x7fcd0ac7ada0: phaseName = "OS Installer"
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: ISAP: hide progress UI called.
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: client 0x7fcd0ac7ada0: phaseName = "OS Installer" is already finished
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac Installer Progress[135]: Sending hide progress UI to delegate.
Oct 3 23:39:41 iMac OSInstaller[515]: installPhaseArray = (
{
InstallPhase = "Boot 1";
InstallPhasePercentageKey = "42.3828125";
},
{
InstallPhase = "Language Chooser";
InstallPhasePercentageKey = "57.6171875";
}
)
I have the whole log as attachment.

My mainboard is Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 and Mavericks and Yosemite both were running fine.

If anyone can point me to the right direction or share their experience how they resolve this issue, that would highly appreciated !
Cheers!

Attachments

• Installer Log 10-03-16.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 525
are you using clover boot loader?? how did you install your working yosemite os ?
first freshly install os yosemite , boot into it and install latest clover 3773 and you will see a EFI volume mounted on your desktop
edit config.plist for imac 14.2 Smbios , disable SIP (csr entries google it), and add OS X sierra kexts to your Efi/Clover/kexts folder. unmount efi vol., when still booted into yosemite do your update to masOS sierra , hope it works.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

unfortunately I do not have an USB sticky laying around anymore with Mavericks.
I just followed the guide here -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/
and did nothing special, the past I think I used legacy mode.

Do you recommend to create a stick and use legacy mode?
and how does this relate to the installation error?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

unfortunately I do not have an USB sticky laying around anymore with Mavericks.
I just followed the guide here -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/
and did nothing special, the past I think I used legacy mode.

Do you recommend to create a stick and use legacy mode?
and how does this relate to the installation error?
Are you trying to install on an existing System? Remove the Sierra app you have to trash and download it from app store again. download fresh unibeast again and buy a usb stick and try again. Sometimes the files get corrupted during the process.
Thertes also a thread on how to directly download using cover by Tonymac. Check it out.

Are you trying to install on an existing System?
Hey there,
appreciate your help.

Yes I have already format/erase my main os disk, so basically it is installing on a clean box.
Remove the Sierra app you have to trash and download it from app store again. download fresh unibeast again and buy a usb stick and try again. Sometimes the files get corrupted during the process.

I will give it a try, meanwhile can someone provide me a hash value of a Sierra that works? just to be sure that we are not working with any corrupted files again, also that can give an explanation why no one else is experiencing this.
Thertes also a thread on how to directly download using cover by Tonymac. Check it out.
Are you referring to this thread -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/ ?
This thread talks about a functional El Capitan system, which I also do not have, but it does gives me additional option to get to Sierra.

Unfortunately I will be busy for the upcoming next days, so I do not have time to resurrect my main machine.
I will report back once I am so far.
thanks!

Hi all,
no luck so far, I have used several newly purchased USB sticks and also downloaded several times macOs Sierra but it keeps failing.

Are there any other ways to resolve this issue? Maybe something worth mentioning regarding my BIOS/UEFI settings:

1) I cannot find the CFG-lock setting
2) I am not able to disable the VT-d setting, it has been grayed out

not sure if it is related but I thought worth mentioning and also I have updated my BIOS to the latest firmware, which is version 8.
Any help is greatly appreciated !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back