Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

So, I have a Gigabyte H55M-U2DH, and the install fails after step14. The install starts, and then after 2-3 minutes, it shortly displays that an error occurred, and I get the famous screen "Install Failed". However, the install is not over. Only about 670 MB have been written on disk.
I can't get to the iBoot screen where you would see both icons, iBoot and Snow Leopard Hard Disk.

I'm using a purchased retail DVD, and I have applied the BIOS changes for SATA mode to AHCI and HPET to 64-bit mode.

Any idea about this issue ?

Cheers,

Hemie143

I have the same motherboard and I didn't need to add any kernel flags.

Suggestions:

Check which ports your HDD and DVD are connected to, on my build the DVD drive is in Port 0 and HDD in Port 1

Confirm you formatted to MacOSExtended (jounaled).

What DVD burner make/model are you using? Not all are compatible.

Can you add the -v flag and post a screenshot of any output. That might give some hints on where it choked.

You could try the other kernel flags -v -x PCIRootUID=1 but again I didn't need to use them.

Hello,

Thanks for the first replies.
My HD is in port 0, and DVD in port 1. I will try your option.
Yes, I have selected Mac OS Extended Journaled.
The DVD burner is a Sony Optiarc AD-7260S.
I'm not sure about how to add the flags, but will try to find.

Cheers,

Hemie143

Also did you follow the bios section correctly, I know you said you did but it doesn't hurt to make sure it is all still set.
Sometimes it's easy just to start from step one just to be on the safe side and not drive your self crazy. :)

I made the BIOS checks twice :
1. Optimized Default Settings
2. Boot order : CD/DVD first
3. SATA : AHCI mode
4. HPET : 64-bit mode

And I started over the procedure several times. Still no clue of what's going wrong.

Well, I swapped both SATA cables (between HD and DVD), and it's now working. Thanks for the suggestion. At last I can go further with the install now. But I think I will get other issues.

Cheers,

Hemie143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back