Graphics
Intel HD Graphics i3-530, 540, 550, 560? | GeForce GT 520M 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update after RehabMan's Post (10/18/17, 5 PM):

I put the apfs.efi file into both my drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders (not sure if you mean just the drivers64, or both). Let me know if I should have just put it in the drivers64. Note I put the HPSPlus in both drivers64 and drivers64UEFI. Please let me know the same apply or not.

I have updated the picture and I make sure it is clear to see.

I press F1 (to check to see if the help menu is up), then return to the Clover menu, and press F2 and then F4. Finally, I press enter to select "boot to install_osx" - anyway, I unplugged the usb from the laptop at the end and I notice it said:

"disk1s2: media is not present
jul: b(1, 6): do_jnl_io: strategy err 0x6
jul: b(1, 6): end_transaction: only wrote 0 of 106496 bytes to the journal"

- therefore, I am not sure if any data is collected in the USB...

Also, I am assuming you don't need me to do the patchmatic step since I was not able to boot and install on my laptop.

Please let me know if you need more information.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

STILL NEED HELP, but just an update (10/18/17; 4:00 PM):

I follow RehabMan's guide to create a Sierra installer via this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The new config.plist is attached. This is the same config from rehab man's laptop config folder: Laptop HD3000 1366x768. The kext I am using are: FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, RealtekRT8111, IntelMausiEthernet, and USBInjectAll. I got HPSPlus in my drivers64UEFI folder.

I got to the error message "... Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper". I see other people got the same error message but did not find a solution.

Can someone help me?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Initial post (10/18/17; 9:37 AM)

I have installed 10.12.6 on my desktop without problems, but I have a lot of problems with the laptop.

My laptop is a hp pavilion g4 with a 1TB SSD with a BIOS system board (not UEFI) and Virtualization Tech disabled - there is no option to disable integrated graphic card, enabled legacy mode, or changed from IDE to ACHI (it says "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller" in my device manager).

I download Sierra 10.12.6 on my working hackintosh and use unibeast 7.1.1 with legacy mode option on my USB. The only kexts in my kexts/10.12 folder are FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, AtherosE2200Ethernet, IntelMausiEthernet, RealtekRTL8111, and USBInjectAll.

I try the config that comes with the unibeast and the error is "MacOS version: Not yet set" and "System uptime in nanoseconds: ..." . Config file is attached.

Please let me know what kexts and/or config parameters I am missing.

Thank you,
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_6911.jpg
    IMG_6911.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 130
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support

STILL NEED HELP, but just an update (10/18/17; 3:11 PM):

I follow RehabMan's guide to create a Sierra installer via this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The new config.plist is attached. This is the same config from rehab man's laptop config folder: Laptop HD3000 1366x768. The kext I am using are: FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, RealtekRT8111, IntelMausiEthernet, and USBInjectAll. I got HPSPlus in my drivers64UEFI folder.

I got to the error message "... Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper". I see other people got the same error message but did not find a solution.

Can someone help me?

Attachments

• config_HD3000_1366x768.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_6891.jpeg
    IMG_6891.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
STILL NEED HELP, but just an update (10/18/17; 3:11 PM):

Can someone help me?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • verbose ending.jpg
    verbose ending.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 106
I have attached the EFI/CLOVER folder as zip without theme folder. Please let me know if I am missing anything else! Thanks!

You forgot to press F4 and F2.
And your verbose boot photo is not large enough to be legible.

But drivers64 is missing apfs.efi.

You forgot to press F4 and F2.
And your verbose boot photo is not large enough to be legible.

But drivers64 is missing apfs.efi.

I put the apfs.efi file into both my drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders (not sure if you mean just the drivers64, or both). Let me know if I should have just put it in the drivers64. Note I put the HPSPlus in both drivers64 and drivers64UEFI. Please let me know the same apply or not.

I have updated the picture and I make sure it is clear to see.

I press F1 (to check to see if the help menu is up), then return to the Clover menu, and press F2 and then F4. Finally, I press enter to select "boot to install_osx" - anyway, I unplugged the usb from the laptop at the end and I notice it said:

"disk1s2: media is not present
jul: b(1, 6): do_jnl_io: strategy err 0x6
jul: b(1, 6): end_transaction: only wrote 0 of 106496 bytes to the journal"

- therefore, I am not sure if any data is collected in the USB...

Also, I am assuming you don't need me to do the patchmatic step since I was not able to boot and install on my laptop.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Attachments

• IMG_6911.jpg
    IMG_6911.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 64

I put the apfs.efi file into both my drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders (not sure if you mean just the drivers64, or both). Let me know if I should have just put it in the drivers64.

Your profile says "Clover Legacy" which is why I didn't mention drivers64UEFI.

Your profile is inaccurate. It says you have i3-2350M.
Actually, you have i3-370M:
Code:
2:362  0:000  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 370  @ 2.40GHz
Please fix.

Try older Clover (such as my version of Clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back