EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My desktop stopped working, I bought a new SSD cause I thought it was my hdd turns out nothing is wrong with it, but the ML installer only sees the USB drive none of my hard drives. I ran into this issue before, I made this post and someone suggested putting IOATAFamily.kext in the Extra/Extensions folder on the USB drive but even that does not work (I downloaded the kext and tried using the IOATAFamily.kext from my MacBook Pro neither worked), any suggestions?

From the installer you did go to Disk Utility and format the drive first for Mac right?

Yes, the first thing I did was in the Installer I went to Disk Utilities and the only drive it sees is the USB drive, I had this problem before (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...l-does-not-see-any-hard-drive.html#post437041) and putting the IOATAFamily.kext file in the Extras/Extensions folder on the USB drive fixed it, but it did not work this time, I copied the IOATAFamily.kext file from my MacBook Pro to to the USB stick but no luck, with Mountain Lion and Lion, any suggestions?

Thanks a ton xxandrossxx, setting both SATA controllers to AHCI fixed it!

I thought there was something wrong with my SSD so I bought another one, although I don't think I needed to as setting my BIOS to AHCI would have more than likely fixed it, but regardless I am pumped that I got it working and I am making my desktop my personal web server, the first site I am putting online is www.mitchsprogress.org, I had to change the DNS servers so it might take up to 48 hours to propagate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back