Contribute
Register

Install Catalina with iGPU only - Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wouldn't use my EFI if you want to get the HDMI to output a signal. I have to patch the framebuffers correctly. What I did was to use the available patch for the Z390M Gaming mobo. It allowed me to enable the iGPU (which is needed for Sidecar), but it doesn't allow for a usable port.

That's great that you have it up and running! Congrats!
I guess no harm to the iGPU working even if i dont use the HDMI port. Hardware acceleration is great.

The manual

The lower M2 slot disables SATA channels 4&5 (the ports on the far left if you are looking at them from head on). The upper one (with the heat sink) leaves them all open.

The lower M2 slot disables SATA channels 4&5 (the ports on the far left if you are looking at them from head on). The upper one (with the heat sink) leaves them all open.
The odds match and i am scratching my head.

@eXTriC : I was thinking about trying OC using your EFI and I was wondering how to fill in the ROM information. In your readme, you said to "Fill in with MAC address" When I try to use my ethernet MAC address, it tells me that it is invalid data (I try using the address with and without colons)

When I looked at my Clover config.plist, the entry is UseMacAddr0 I tried generating a random number with Clover Config, eg, 95D56BF03293 but it still gives me an invalid data.

Thanks in advance!

@eXTriC : I was thinking about trying OC using your EFI and I was wondering how to fill in the ROM information. In your readme, you said to "Fill in with MAC address" When I try to use my ethernet MAC address, it tells me that it is invalid data (I try using the address with and without colons)

When I looked at my Clover config.plist, the entry is UseMacAddr0 I tried generating a random number with Clover Config, eg, 95D56BF03293 but it still gives me an invalid data.

Thanks in advance!

Use ProperTree and enter your MAC address like this d3d3d3d3d3d3 it should be displayed like <d3d3d3d3d3d3> afterwards. Don't use anything else than ProperTree to modify the plist

Some great progress on the board thanks to a BETA bios update from Gigabyte. Take a look at the below thread or the Github in my signature.

- Unlock CFG in the bios
- Dont revert to french
- Disable serial port. This resolves the Apple Watch unlock but I believe it also some other conflicts as the opening of the desktop with all apps is a lots faster now.

The boards now allows you to have a real clone without any known limitations other than more than one click to get out of sleep and activate the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back