Contribute
Register

Install Catalina with iGPU only - Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me personally, the default settings of multibeast worked. I thought they did not, however that's because I was missing the agdpmod line in my boot strings.

Once I added that, was able to get output on my miniDP port.

Reading your thread now.

I will try a fresh usb install. What SMBIOS profile did you use?

Thanks Tedyun,

I have replaced my EFI with the one in your post. However, Clover does not load with your EFI.

What does this mean? Do you boot with -v to get verbose? And if so, any messages before it dies? Is there a kernel panic? Does the screen go black and never return?

Hard to assist with "it doesn't work"

using iMacPro1,1 right now, but iMac18,1 and iMac19,1 also seemed to work

What does this mean? Do you boot with -v to get verbose? And if so, any messages before it dies? Is there a kernel panic? Does the screen go black and never return?

Hard to assist with "it doesn't work"

It means that the clover bootloader in your EFI folder is not working. It does load the bootloader from it.

I guess I'm not following... does the clover menu not show up? What is the exact outcome?

using iMacPro1,1 right now, but iMac18,1 and iMac19,1 also seemed to work

Guess what, i made a new usb bootable disc and i forgot to change the default 14,2 smbios. I was able to boot with just the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.

Let me complete the install and get back to you. I will later change it to 19,1 or imac pro 1,1.

Did you use any other boot arguments to tweak anything else?

I am booting with disabled IGFX.
Did you manage to get the IGFX acceleration working along with the RX 5700 XT?

I guess I'm not following... does the clover menu not show up? What is the exact outcome?

Yes. The clover menu does not show up. There is something wrong with that EFI folder. However, see my other post where i got the install working by just the agdpmod=pikera boot argument. I see in your EFI config you are using a lot of arguments. Can you please explain why we need it?

I hope you can get it going. It should be pretty straightforward. I was able to get it running in a somewhat stable build without much tweaking. You should be able to use the Unibeast build, with the addition of the agdpmod=pikera at clover boot, then install with Multibeast.

I will be at my Hackintosh tomorrow and can help you out if you can't get it running. But meanwhile, I suggest you go back to the beginning, use my BIOS settings. For an easier install, disable the iGPU in the BIOS (mine is enabled, but that is only after I applied the framebuffer patch -- you can do that later after you get Catalina installed).

Last edited:
I hope you can get it going. It should be pretty straightforward. I was able to get it running in a somewhat stable build without much tweaking. You should be able to use the Unibeast build, with the addition of the agdpmod=pikera at clover boot, then install with Multibeast.

I will be at my Hackintosh tomorrow and can help you out if you can't get it running. But meanwhile, I suggest you go back to the beginning, use my BIOS settings. For an easier install, disable the iGPU in the BIOS (mine is enabled, but that is only after I applied the framebuffer patch -- you can do that later after you get Catalina installed).

Thanks again. I got it installed using only the agdpmod=pikera. It was working fine. There is an issue with it. When i installed intel power gadget, it installed fine. When i try to launch it, the hackintosh forze and restarted.

Then i went and installed istat menus. When i try to launch it, the hackintosh froze and restarted. Now, once i login, the hackintosh freezes and restarts. That is because istat menus tries to launch automatically after login.

according to Namok88, this has to do with the frame buffer patching that is not done yet.

Will wait for your for framebuffer patching. Meanwhile, i will reinstall.

Check my profile for a working efi with OC 5.8
i found clover to be a nightmare on this board but OC was an instant hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back