Contribute
Register

Install 10.12 MSI GE72VR 6RF Apache Pro HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally booted into installer with clover v3726/ fresh download of Sierra/ DataHubDxe-64.efi
I have no Idea if the DataHubDxe-64.efi did anything, but I was just playing around. Definitely didn't hurt though...

Alright, I am done for today. I got a fair amount accomplished though. Fixed HD 530 user left corner glitch, fixed audio (temporary, it is a little too quiet), USB 3.0 works, trackpad and keyboard work great thanks to RehabMan's branch of voodoo PS2 controller, fixed ethernet with a modified atheros 2200 kext for 2400, and battery percentage again thanks to RehabMan.

Things that don't work-- HDMI because I have a GTX 1060 Gpu that is not supported and my never be, WiFi and Bluetooth, Sleep, trackpad gestures (because my snaptics trackpad isn't that advanced. I can't do gestures in windows either.)
and audio still needs a proper driver, but I'm satisfied for now.

Thank you so much RehabMan!! you really are awesome!! I could not have even booted in with out your direction and guide.

My plans are to start a guide for this laptop in the near future. It is a promising laptop for hackintoshing. There are some breakthroughs I found on insanelymac with the wifi card. Hopefully it will be supported soon.
One big drawback to this laptop is the battery life though. I am only on my 4th cycle count so it may get a little better.

Alright, I am done for today. I got a fair amount accomplished though. Fixed HD 530 user left corner glitch, fixed audio (temporary, it is a little too quiet), USB 3.0 works, trackpad and keyboard work great thanks to RehabMan's branch of voodoo PS2 controller, fixed ethernet with a modified atheros 2200 kext for 2400, and battery percentage again thanks to RehabMan.

Things that don't work-- HDMI because I have a GTX 1060 Gpu that is not supported and my never be, WiFi and Bluetooth, Sleep, trackpad gestures (because my snaptics trackpad isn't that advanced. I can't do gestures in windows either.)
and audio still needs a proper driver, but I'm satisfied for now.

Thank you so much RehabMan!! you really are awesome!! I could not have even booted in with out your direction and guide.

My plans are to start a guide for this laptop in the near future. It is a promising laptop for hackintoshing. There are some breakthroughs I found on insanelymac with the wifi card. Hopefully it will be supported soon.
One big drawback to this laptop is the battery life though. I am only on my 4th cycle count so it may get a little better.
if you disable your nvidia card via dsdt then that may help your battery life

Alright, I need some help. I don't have the time to learn how to edit DSDT and SSDT files. I have been following RehabMan's guide, but I didn't get very far. maybe I am over complicating it.

However, I would be happy EDIT: (because I can't pay you RULES) for someone to Enable all my cpu cores (I am still booting cpus=1), disable my discrete graphics, and add functionality for my brightness keys.

Everything I've learned about computers is self taught, and it is not where I am going with my life. However, if I am just being ridiculous and this is not really that hard I could be persuaded to keep at it.

I am posting my SSDTs and my DSDT for anyone to take a look at. I have a decompiled zip (which needs some work) and an original zip.

Attachments

• SSDT-DSDT Disassembled.zip
    105.5 KB · Views: 88
  • SSDT-DSDT.zip
    446 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Alright, I need some help. I don't have the time to learn how to edit DSDT and SSDT files. I have been following RehabMan's guide, but I didn't get very far. maybe I am over complicating it.

However, I would be happy to pay someone via PayPal to Enable all my cpu cores (I am still booting cpus=1), disable my discrete graphics, and add functionality for my brightness keys.

Everything I've learned about computers is self taught, and it is not where I am going with my life. However, if I am just being ridiculous and this is not really that hard I could be persuaded to keep at it.

I am posting my SSDTs and my DSDT for anyone to take a look at. I have a decompiled zip (which needs some work) and an original zip.
it looks scary at first to edit dsdt etc but it really isn't. rules state about paying peeps for work is a no no. i followed guide here for disabling nvidia: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/ there is also a video to watch as well! :)

However, I would be happy to pay someone via PayPal to Enable all my cpu cores (I am still booting cpus=1), disable my discrete graphics, and add functionality for my brightness keys.

Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
  • No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.

I saw that guide in my searches. I wan't sure if it was smart to follow a guide that was a different laptop, but I will try it out. Thanks!!
Can you take your EFI for me, Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back