Contribute
Register

Inspiron 7793 (1065G7) install and startup with graphics and sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your work on this popboy. I've got the 15" version of your laptop and been able to use your EFI to install OS X the only change was to replace the Ethernet kext with RealtekRTL8100. Everything you mentioned seems to be working well, the last thing for me will be to get HDMI working as I primarily use a external screen. Thank you again for all the effort you've put into getting this working.

Thanks for your feedback, you are my first "client" and it's a pleasure to have at least one user to validate my work. Your comments are welcome,
yes I don't use ethernet,
I use a screen only with my desktop Hackintosh,
and I should understand that battery managment.

Once again thanks for your feedback, and stay tuned.

Last edited:
HDMI could be difficult, read That
i tried the whatevergreen buffer way, now I know why it din't work.

I didn't pay attention but the sound keys are working, volume stop, down and up, also the transport keys.

Last edited:
HDMI could be difficult, read That
Its seems so. Guess all I can do is hope a back port might come eventually. But I'm glad you posted the info, saved me from wasting hours trying to to get it working when its not possible.

I spent the last two weeks with Big Sur Beta, it behave like Catalina for what I do, mostly working with the same weaknesses, you can build a USB Stick following the guide, use that thread EFI,to boot the USB Stick,
the booter on your disk can boot the final Big Sur, once installed , not the beta.

Attachments

• EFI Dell B:S.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
finally I build an EFI That works with Big Sur & Catalina
working on an USB stick and with the disk partition.
I used create install media,
look on my new thread for big sur

Hi.

Any update on this? Based off your Big Sur attempt on this laptop, which one is currently working (ie vs Catalina).
Can you list here what features are actually (and which ones that don't).

Thanks in advance.

for now I alternate between Catalina and Big Sur (11.1) it seems better than 11.0.1 , everything seems to work except the headphone out. it's also a bit hot 55 when idle 60/65 when lightly used. the last Whatevergreen with boot args seems to solve the sleep/wake lid open/close issue, I'm still testing it.In fact those last days my daugther is testing it family time , near full time. I will send my last EFI in a few days, if it works ok.

Awesome, man.

How do you alternate between the two? Via two ssd's or two partitions?
I hope you post a quick "how-to" of your overall install (aside posting your EFI) mainly because this is so far the best working Dell laptop that has the Intel Iris Plus Graphics (G7) I have personally seen.

Thanks

@popboy Just to update: I was able to install Catalina on my Inspiron 3594 with the same cpu as your device. Build was from scratch using OpenCore and some sample EFI's from other forums (yours too).

Everything works except the trackpad and hdmi which was expected as previously discussed. Just to verify, do you happen to know if there is any recent update on this hdmi issue?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back