Contribute
Register

Inspiron 5523 - Ultrabook 15z i7-3517u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick (hopefully) question. I am still working out a few of the kinks in the system and one of them is my keyboard/trackpad. The issue with the keyboard is that I don't have a full keyboard, meaning that it is not showing as extended. The trackpad works well with two-finger scrolling but I can not select by tapping on the pad.

I have read and installed the VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooPS2Daemon but I still don't seem to get a full keyboard.

Is there something I am missing? I assume there probably is.

BTW...I am currently using the Canadian English keyboard but have also tried the US extended.

What do you mean by "extended"...

What trackpad is in your laptop?

What do you mean by "extended"...

What trackpad is in your laptop?

Sorry...'Extended' - was just another keyboard that I added and tried to see if it made a difference. It was listed as US Extended.

The touchpad, according to my hw report is listed simply as 'Dell Touchpad'. Not sure that helps you. The Keyboard is also simply listed as 'Standard PS2 Keyboard'

Sorry...'Extended' - was just another keyboard that I added and tried to see if it made a difference. It was listed as US Extended.

What do you mean by "not a full keyboard"?

The touchpad, according to my hw report is listed simply as 'Dell Touchpad'. Not sure that helps you. The Keyboard is also simply listed as 'Standard PS2 Keyboard'

Dell does not make trackpads.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

What do you mean by "not a full keyboard"?

Dell does not make trackpads.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Okay, sometimes I am just an idiot. I figured out my keyboard issue; which turned out not to be an issue at all.

I am attaching the IOReg as directed. The only issue left is the tap/select on the trackpad...if that's something that can be fixed. The left and right 'mouse' buttons on the trackpad do work btw.

Attachments

• Crawl’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
I am attaching the IOReg as directed. The only issue left is the tap/select on the trackpad...if that's something that can be fixed. The left and right 'mouse' buttons on the trackpad do work btw.

Your trackpad is Synaptics. Take a visit to SysPrefs->Trackpad...

Sometimes I kick myself for these kinds of things...thanks for the help, found the trackpad option; missed that one.

Okay, I do have another one that I haven't been able to figure out yet.

Originally I had the following drive setup which I had posted about because I am unable to boot directly
HD1 - Windows
HD2 - OSX

In getting things setup the way I would like, I have formatted HD1, used CCC to move Yosemite over to it and installed my bootloader on HD1. I will eventually remove OSX from HD2. In doing so I also realized that this computer has another drive; a 32gb mSATA on the MB and it is causing me some issues I believe. When I boot it gives me a drive 0 error (which is the mSata). I also currently have HD1 set to the highest priority for booting but even if I use f12 to select either HD1 or HD2 it gives me the same error leaving me stuck using the Unibeast USB to boot.

Is there a way around that or is the best option to simply remove the mSATA, which to my understanding was just a cache drive for windows.

Sometimes I kick myself for these kinds of things...thanks for the help, found the trackpad option; missed that one.

Okay, I do have another one that I haven't been able to figure out yet.

Originally I had the following drive setup which I had posted about because I am unable to boot directly
HD1 - Windows
HD2 - OSX

In getting things setup the way I would like, I have formatted HD1, used CCC to move Yosemite over to it and installed my bootloader on HD1. I will eventually remove OSX from HD2. In doing so I also realized that this computer has another drive; a 32gb mSATA on the MB and it is causing me some issues I believe. When I boot it gives me a drive 0 error (which is the mSata). I also currently have HD1 set to the highest priority for booting but even if I use f12 to select either HD1 or HD2 it gives me the same error leaving me stuck using the Unibeast USB to boot.

Is there a way around that or is the best option to simply remove the mSATA, which to my understanding was just a cache drive for windows.

No idea what you mean by "drive 0 error"...

No idea what you mean by "drive 0 error"...

This is what happens when I let the system boot without f12 or if using f12 and selecting HD1 or HD2. I suspect that the mSata is interfering

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error_

I've also;
1. Disabled 'Rapid Start Technology'
2. Changed boot mode to Legacy
3. Disabled Secure Boot

This is definitely turning into a full-time hobby!

So I was working through the iMessage 'how to' today and realized that I don't have any PCI cards detected. I have read enough instructions today to make my head hurt. I have the AR9280 and wifi worked oob. What I am not sure of now is what I actually need to be installing or doing (guide to follow) in order to get ethernet working.

Your guidance again is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back