Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8300
CPU
Second Gen i7
Graphics
nvidia
If you've been on this forum then you would know that I finally figured out hot to get os x on my new dell inspiron 1764 with an i5. One of the most annoying things is that I can't seem to get the onboard keyboard and touchpad to work. My usb keyboard and mouse work fine but not the onboard ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Specs
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1764/en/cs/cs_en.pdf

I have same laptop, which iBoot CD did you have success with??? I too have been sucessful in installing it, but keyboard does not work and also, no wireless or network or sound. Kinda blase. Let me know please, Very interested in doing this. I have successfully installed it on an external usb drive and it works pretty quick, but using the ati disc it continues to boot into safe mode, and in addition will not recognize any drives other than itself and the dvdrom. any other drives are unmountable... So I cant copy files to install any kexts or anything else.

This resolved my issue with the keyboard on my HPDV9000 laptop however the touchpad only work when i boot using -x

Very odd....

I just junked my last install by installing the 10.6.3 update, for some reason it crashed and have to reinstall again, gonna see if that kext works...

Yeah so i cleared my caches and ran the multibeast again and it started working.

You can get the kext from mymacbookmini

Snow Leopard on the HP Mini 311 (10.6.4)
http://mymacbookmini.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ay-id.html

Hp Mini 311, Hp DM3, Inspiron laptops shared the same problem installing OS X.

I am using his kext in extra + my patch dsdt, not yet working. I am manage to install but the keyboard is very sensitive and locks.

I will try booting with -x

I manage to boot my hard drive install. Install myhack1.1.4 but forget to check the extra folder, if all the kext are in.

The keyboard is not working after the install since as mentioned above I forgot to check the Extra folder and see if my dsdt.aml is present in the folder.

Extra is a hidden folder. Press shift-cmd-g or click Go - Go to Folder in the Finder menu, and then write /Extra in the window that appears. Voila, you're in the extra folder! I have not done this in my install. I will be doing this in my next install.

Remember to copy the dsdt.aml and boot list.

I have to reinstall again.

The kext from the HP mini 311 works only for keyboard, not the trackpad. I have been testing a lot of the voodoops2trackpad.kext and voodoops2keyboard.kext none of them works. Be careful of the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext no loading and will give you non working keyboard. After running for a day. I need to restall again since I could use the keyboard even booting with -s.

I also have the Inspiron 1764 (with on board graphics). I did the install on a USB disk and used iBoot supported and had to add two commands before booting Snow Leopard retail (10.6.3):
EHCIacquire=No UHCIreset=No.
Installation went well, and I can use my Dell keyboard, didn't check the touchpad since I use USB mouse.
My problem is that I can't connect with the Internet, therefore I had to download Multibeast and 10.6.4 Combo update using Windows 7.
I executed Multibeast (Easybeast, not supported ) and mounted and installed 10.6.4.
At the end of the install, I ended up with a black window telling to restart the computer.
Same happens using tonymacx86 install method, everything goes well untill the end of 10.4.6 installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back