Contribute
Register

Inspiron 11 3153

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, looks like it just turns off the display. It comes right back on after opening the lid.

Thanks.

Keep in mind that sleep is delayed until assertions are clear and at least 15-20 seconds have passed.

I don't see any issue there.
Pstates vary depending on what you did with the computer while monitoring.
I know you said PM looks good, but Intel Power Gadget is bothering me when i take a look at it. As you can see its just sitting pegged at 2.3Ghz. Is it possible its just not been updated for High Sierra and giving wrong readings? I just cant imagine its good for battery life or the hardware if its running at full speed the whole time. I can upload problem reporting files again, but they are the same as the last upload I did. In Sierra it didnt sit at 2.3Ghz like this.

pg.jpeg

I know you said PM looks good, but Intel Power Gadget is bothering me when i take a look at it. As you can see its just sitting pegged at 2.3Ghz. Is it possible its just not been updated for High Sierra and giving wrong readings? I just cant imagine its good for battery life or the hardware if its running at full speed the whole time. I can upload problem reporting files again, but they are the same as the last upload I did. In Sierra it didnt sit at 2.3Ghz like this.

View attachment 281233

Test pstates with AppleIntelInfo.kext.
Don't run apps while attempting to test idle pstates (apps like Chrome, likely with a zillion tabs open, will not help you reach idle).
Activity Monitor should be looking at all processes.

My google skills are failing me today. I have Windows and MacOS dual booting on the same drive. After a Windows update, the Windows bootmanager is loading instead of Clover. I know there is a file I have to move/delete in Windows to restore Clover but I cannot find it here or on google. Can you remind me what I need to do to remedy this?

My google skills are failing me today. I have Windows and MacOS dual booting on the same drive. After a Windows update, the Windows bootmanager is loading instead of Clover. I know there is a file I have to move/delete in Windows to restore Clover but I cannot find it here or on google. Can you remind me what I need to do to remedy this?

Read post #2 regarding efibootmgr in Linux:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I apologize for bringing up an old thread, but is there anyway you can post/share your final EFI Folder for this specific laptop as I am trying to hackintosh the same one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back