i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You're paying just a few dollars more than you would for a SanDisk 128GB USB flash drive. You'll get better data transfer speeds, especially for writing. You might be lucky to get 50MB/s write speeds from a 128GB USB flash drive. The Inland Pro should also hold up a lot longer. If you write a lot of data the flash drive will most likely wear out before the SSD ever will. You can of course use this as an internal SSD drive that you boot macOS from.

A 3 pack sells for $51 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YN3F5XQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

To use it as a flash drive replacement or to make quick and easy backups all you need is a Sata based USB 3.0 adapter cable.

If you need more room for making clones of your boot drive, get the 240GB version. That is $24.99 currently.

1657889575624.png

Last edited:
Looks like MicroCenter sells their 128GB Inland Pro version for $17.99 which gives you 8GB more space that is not provisioned.

The Platinum version gives you an extra year of warranty. It is QLC Nand flash so you might need it !
In reality though, you'd have to write data constantly for years to wear it out. It's most often that the controller fails to cause the demise of any SSD, whether Sata or NVMe based.

1657891590314.png

Last edited:
These are by far the lowest price per GB (0.06) but I've never tried one. Not sure of the quality. Have a 3 year warranty. They may also be QLC based. If you'll just use it for game storage, it should be fine. Wouldn't use it as a macOS boot drive because of the Silicon motion controller.

LEVEN JS300 SSD 2TB

Here's what one Amazon reviewer said:
I’m about six months in owning this SSD, used as a storage/game drive. So far I've had zero issues with it. Its actual capacity is roughly 1.75TB, which was a slight disappointment, but at this price point I honestly don’t mind. I was concerned about buying such an unknown brand but if value is what you’re after this drive can’t be beat. No DRAM cache and it’s QLC NAND, so lifetime is still a bit of a question mark, but at this price you’re getting something that does it’s job well in the here and now.

Last edited:
1TB size is just $75 and can endure many write cycles. 800 TB !!!

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back