i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 (1920x1080) + Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello,
Will Clover inject kexts if they're present in the kernel cache? I would like to keep all the kexts I need in the Clover/kexts folder in case I need to boot the recovery, but if I do install them to the system volume, will they still be injected?
I read the clover wiki and saw the info regarding InjectKests=Detect, I'm not sure that implies to kexts other than FakeSMC, any ideas?

Thanks.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello,
Will Clover inject kexts if they're present in the kernel cache? I would like to keep all the kexts I need in the Clover/kexts folder in case I need to boot the recovery, but if I do install them to the system volume, will they still be injected?
I read the clover wiki and saw the info regarding InjectKests=Detect, I'm not sure that implies to kexts other than FakeSMC, any ideas?

Thanks.
With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will inject all applicable (depending on version) kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts only if FakeSMC.kext is NOT in kernel cache.

If FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache and InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will inject nothing from EFI/Clover/kexts.

It is covered quite clearly in the guide, post #2: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

the-braveknight

Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y520 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
If FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache and InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will inject nothing from EFI/Clover/kexts.
Oh great. I'll install my kexts to /L/E and keep them in Clover/kexts in case ;)

Thanks

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Oh great. I'll install my kexts to /L/E and keep them in Clover/kexts in case ;)

Thanks
The idea would be to place only the kexts you need to boot the installer and recovery in EFI/Clover/kexts (so-called "essential" kexts). Too many people clutter their EFI/Clover/kexts with kexts that are not essential.

the-braveknight

Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y520 (Clover)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
The idea would be to place only the kexts you need to boot the installer and recovery in EFI/Clover/kexts (so-called "essential" kexts). Too many people clutter their EFI/Clover/kexts with kexts that are not essential.
Yeah that's right, because afaik, some kexts like the Bluetooth and CI (or QE not sure) are not even present in the installer/recovery images, meaning that Brcm* + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts are never loaded.
Still some of us would like to have audio in the recovery or when they first boot OS X ;)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah that's right, because afaik, some kexts like the Bluetooth and CI (or QE not sure) are not even present in the installer/recovery images, meaning that Brcm* + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts are never loaded.
Still some of us would like to have audio in the recovery or when they first boot OS X ;)
Audio is simply not needed in the installer and recovery, therefore not "essential".

Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-3930
Graphics
Quadro K1200
With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will inject all applicable (depending on version) kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts only if FakeSMC.kext is NOT in kernel cache.

It is covered quite clearly in the guide, post #2: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
What if inject kexts in clover config system perameters is set to yes and you have fakesmc.kext ?