Contribute
Register

Initial El Capitan Install Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I got my El Capitan boot media created in unibeast and have been attempting to install. I am running on an i5-6500, MSI Z170A Gaming M5 mobo, and an MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G GPU. I have implemented the "fixes" from http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/. The USB boot drive is booting from a USB 2.0 port.

Here are my results from multiple different boot methods in clover:
  • nv_disable=1
    • The apple logo displays for a few seconds and then the system reboots.
  • nv_disable=1 and cpus=1
    • The apple logo displays for a few seconds and then the system reboots
  • nv_disable=1 in verbose mode
    • Displays:
      OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
      Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
      Error allocating 0x4767 pages at 0x000000000ca63000 alloc type 2
      Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
      Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...​
  • nv_disable=1 in verbose mode without caches
    • Displays:
      OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
      Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no​
    • Then displays several lines of '+' symbols, then reboots the system
Thank you for any and all help!

Just tried swapping OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi, booting in verbose mode with nv_disable=1 with my boot USB in several different ports and each time my monitor displayed:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and then the system reboots.

I attached my config.plist file, just in case that may be erroneous.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 139
Remove [ B ] from line 17, and [ /B ] from line 28 and change your CsrActiveConfig from 0x03 into 0x67 in your config.plist

Remove [ B ] from line 17, and [ /B ] from line 28 and change your CsrActiveConfig from 0x03 into 0x67 in your config.plist
Hello,

I am trying to apply this fix myself and I don't understand what you mean by removing [ B ] from line 17 or 28. When I try to look up [ B ] in my config.plist, nothing shows up. I did, however, find CsrActiveConfig and replaced 0x03 into 0x67. If you can, will you explain to me in greater detail of what to do.

Thanks,
Bye

If you can, will you explain to me in greater detail of what to do.

The html code for bold text on line 17 and 28 in evandawg95's config.plist is something that shouldn't be there, so if you don't have it you are good to go.

Same Problem here with MSI Z170A Gaming M7 :-/ I will Tell you if i find a Solution. At the Moment I tried a lot of different approaches but every Time the Same error... Also Tried the Same things as evandawg95.

UPDATE: Changing in the BIOS Setting 64MB to 128mb solved the Problem for me. Hope ist helps you too!
Also used 0x67 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back