Contribute
Register

Initial Build. Q&A (Full of info!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't turn off your computer via the power button while it is in the BIOS doing things.

You need to clear the BIOS and try again.

The two settings you need to change is disk mode to AHCI, and HPET to 64 bit. Unless you're using integrated graphics, you shouldnt change anything else.

Ugh, it was one of those things where after i did it I knew I shouldn't of. eff. To clear the bios settings do I just remove the batter? I tried to find the CMOS jumper on my mobo and I couldnt locate it.

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but is it possible I just ruined something..? :|

TGreg104 said:
Ugh, it was one of those things where after i did it I knew I shouldn't of. eff. To clear the bios settings do I just remove the batter? I tried to find the CMOS jumper on my mobo and I couldnt locate it.

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but is it possible I just ruined something..? :|

Clear the BIOS by unplugging the PSU, flip the PSU switch to on, hit the power button, then take the battery out for 5 minutes.

Then put battery back in, switch computer on. If it is stuck in the boot loop, try it again.

If it's still doing it, one motherboard I had I just got mad and left it and it worked itself out (rebooting every 5 seconds) until about 15 mins later it recovered the BIOS.

alright I'll do that, thanks man.

I'm so confused haha, like stated before, it worked twice (getting into bios) and now it doesnt. I get the one 'good' beep for the POST test, but I see nothing on the screen... idk.

And i've been letting it run for about 10 mins now with no avail.

UD3P mobo and a amd 6870 with five display ports (its a MSI Twin Frozr II if that matters), I was originally using the hdmi out on my mobo when I changed the Bios settings to AHCI. I've since tried the HDMI out on both the mobo and gpu with no success.

Maybe if I remove my graphics card? or at least unplug the power?

I've been searching google for almost an hr and I cant find an answer that is close enough to what is going on (maybe I'm not searching the right things?), just a bunch of convoluted things about holding f1 and resetting cmos and POST. Nothing that really helps. I'll go back and recheck everything dealing with graphics.

An AMD 6870 with 5 display ports? Or maybe you just meant 5 video out ports. Is this the one?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=7005

My thoughts are that it is initializing the graphics on the first DVI on the card. You need to plug in the monitor to the FIRST DVI (the one on the same row as all the other connectors) and see if that works.

yep thats the one!

And I'll try that right now

Gordo..................................... I love you man. Any time you want a beer, LET ME KNOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back