KFA2 GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

This is my first attempt at a hackintosh and it's becoming a nightmare. I've managed to install snow leopard (it said installation succeeded rather than failed???) and installed the update and multisession at the same time. I came to notice though that my DVD drive didn't appear on the desktop and I had to force it to open from a hard shutdown. Since after installing everything and getting iboot out, it goes into an infinite boot up and restarts. It can't seem to get past the boot up of Mac OS X.

i noticed that he boot up loader goes backwards too. Please help, I can't seem to find my help on solving this.

my specs are below

i4770k
gigabyte z87m-d3h
gtx 670
sandisk extreme ssd
HL DT ST BDDVDRW DVD drive

help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hello!

This is my first attempt at a hackintosh and it's becoming a nightmare. I've managed to install snow leopard (it said installation succeeded rather than failed???) and installed the update and multisession at the same time. I came to notice though that my DVD drive didn't appear on the desktop and I had to force it to open from a hard shutdown. Since after installing everything and getting iboot out, it goes into an infinite boot up and restarts. It can't seem to get past the boot up of Mac OS X.

i noticed that he boot up loader goes backwards too. Please help, I can't seem to find my help on solving this.

my specs are below

i4770k
gigabyte z87m-d3h
gtx 670
sandisk extreme ssd
HL DT ST BDDVDRW DVD drive

help would be much appreciated. Thank you
There is no support in Snow Leopard for your hardware. Put iBoot back in the DVD drive, boot with DVD drive first device in boot order. At the Chimera screen select your HDD to boot and hit enter. Once at the desktop after setting up your user, download Mavericks from the app store and follow the guide at http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

There is no support in Snow Leopard for your hardware. Put iBoot back in the DVD drive, boot with DVD drive first device in boot order. At the Chimera screen select your HDD to boot and hit enter. Once at the desktop after setting up your user, download Mavericks from the app store and follow the guide at http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

oh damn it! that's a brick wall for me then as I have no other mac I can download mavericks on. Is there no way to download Mavericks on windows or after the initial installation of 10.6.3 on the customac? thanks for the help!

oh damn it! that's a brick wall for me then as I have no other mac I can download mavericks on. Is there no way to download Mavericks on windows or after the initial installation of 10.6.3 on the customac? thanks for the help!

That is why you are installing 10.6 in the first place - so you can get to the app store.

So finish installing 10.6.3, update it to 10.6.8 with the update combo, download Mavericks, make your UniBeast USB installer for Mavericks and install Mavericks.

Don't bother with MultiBeast with the 10.6.x - the kernel doesn't support your hardware and won't boot from HDD anyway, so just continue to boot SL with the iBoot Haswell.

I have the same problem and the infinite loop begins just after upgrading to 10.6.8...

I have the same problem and the infinite loop begins just after upgrading to 10.6.8...
Boot with the iBoot Haswell or iBoot Ivy Bridge still. Snow Leopard will not boot from the HDD on Haswell hardware. Will not boot from HDD on Ivy Bridge hardware either.

sam....

you need to list your hardware that your using for your hack ....

Please Read the rules.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back