Contribute
Register

increase fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
D0UCHE said:
i had installed mac 10.6.5 with iboot+multibeast method
ther is nvenabler.kext and i had selected graphics enabler yes with the latest chameleon bootloader
Only use one method...either NVEnabler or GraphicsEnabler=yes. IMO the NVEnabler method is obsolete because Chameleon do the same with GraphicsEnabler=yes, but much safer and smarter. I suggest you to delete the NVEnabler.kext and run Kext Utility after that, then run Disk Utility and repair permissions on your OSX HD. Be sure to have GraphicsEnabler=yes in your com.apple.Boot.plist. It should looks like that...

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Reboot

end rebuild your kext cache...

D0UCHE said:
then will i get full graphics and able to play the games
so you say to delete the nvenabler.kext and to enable only graphics enabler
ok i will try
I don't know if your'e able to play that games, but you will get full graphics. You can test it by running Front Row or in Dashboard add an widget to your desktop. If you see ripples than your graphic is fully supported.

I got a Quad 6600 4 GB Ram, PNY GTX460 1 GIG OC running stable on 10.6.5 using Multibeast 3.x with latest NVIDIA driver update from tonymac86. GraphicEnabler=Yes smbios MacPro3,1.

Running Cinebench 11.5 I get <>18fps. Does somebody have better results using a similar config or is this maxed out given older cpu and driver limitations on OSX for OpenGL?

BTW: tonymacx86 and macman great site and great tools keep up the great work!!

bonemill said:
I got a Quad 6600 4 GB Ram, PNY GTX460 1 GIG OC running stable on 10.6.5 using Multibeast 3.x with latest NVIDIA driver update from tonymac86. GraphicEnabler=Yes smbios MacPro3,1.

Running Cinebench 11.5 I get <>18fps. Does somebody have better results using a similar config or is this maxed out given older cpu and driver limitations on OSX for OpenGL?

BTW: tonymacx86 and macman great site and great tools keep up the great work!!
Have a look at my Xbench results...you find the link in my signature. My Cenebench result is mostly at 24,xx fps. Add these lines to your com.apple.Boot.plist.

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

and copy AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to a safe location so you can restore it later if you need, then delete it from /S/L/E and run Kext Utility. Repair the permissions on your OSX HD by running Disk Utility and reboot.

D0UCHE said:
i get only 5.55 fps in cinebench 11.5 please tell me how to increase

i had also installed the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update driver

and when i change my resolution it gets blue screen and have to restart to fix it
There's no need for you to installed Tony's nVidia Update for your card because it's an older one. It was ok with the graphic kext's that comes with the 10.6.5 Combo Update from Apple. I guess, you reinstall 10.6.5 Combo Update again to restore the older drivers. After that, don't forget you have to reinstall all the same way with Multibeast as you did before. And i guess to increase your fps in Cinebench, you have to buy a newer GFX card. My result in Cinebench is 22,65...there are GFX cards with better results, but as you can see it's mostly under Windows which have better driver support.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-12-31 um 02.04.05.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-12-31 um 02.04.05.png
    443 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back