HD 3000 + 6770m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[WIP] HP Dv6-6047cl Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Hello, I've been furiously working on getting my laptop to run Mountain Lion. I felt I should share what I found so far and hopefully it can help those who have similar models and specifications.

My specifications:

Bios: Insyde rev.3.5 F.1A
CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2.0 ghz - Working with Speedstep
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 mhz - Working
HDD: Toshiba 1TB 5400rpm sata - Working with 4k boot sector fix (I recently replaced this with an SSD and I would recommend doing this as it increases battery life and performance drastically.)
Chipset: HM65
Graphics: Intel HD 3000 + AMD Radeon 6770m - HD 3000 working (AMD not working of course)
Audio: IDT High Definition audio - Working with no mic volume control (Help always appreciated)
USB: 2 usb 2.0, 2 usb 3.0 - Working
Wifi: Atheros AR928X - Working (Or any other halfsize pcie wifi card that supports OS X)
Ethernet: Realtek LAN - Working with RTL8169.kext from Multibeast
Card reader - Not working at all (Help appreciated)
External VGA and HDMI ports - Working

1. Flash the bios in the zip file to your system (BE VERY SURE YOU HAVE THE SAME MODEL OR A MODEL WITH THE SAME BIOS.) using windows 7 or greater.
2. Download 10.8 Mountain Lion app in whatever way you choose.
3. Use Unibeast (I use 1.5.3 since it's the only one that seems to work for me.) to create your usb key as usual, make sure to tick laptop support.
4. Install the OS as usual. Boot with the cpus=1 argument. You can also follow Rehabman's tutorial at this point to make a dualboot of windows and mac os x if you so desire (good for flashing bios and playing games) Also, on reboot you will have to reset the cmos by removing the battery and power cable THEN removing the cmos battery and putting it back in.
5. Boot into your new install using the usb key and the cpus=1 argument again, download the 10.8.4 combo update and perform the update.
6. When the update finishes, do not reboot. Leave the finished installer open and run the latest Multibeast for ML and get patched appleintelcpupowermanagement kext, apple RTC patch, the realtek ethernet kext, and if you're using an ssd enable trim and then close Multibeast
7. Next, use the lapic kernel patcher to patch the kernel for all 4 cores. Then open Terminal and type in these commands, typing in your root password when necessary.

sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel
sudo chmod 644 /mach_kernel

8. Install the kexts from the "Kexts" folder with your preferred kext installer
9. Follow Rehabman's tutorial here on installing the Trackpad Kext in the Release folder, use your preferred kext installer for this: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voo...How-to-Install
10. Install HWSensors from the package provided.
11. Install chameleon, I used 2.1 but anything later will probably suffice.
12. Copy the Extra folder to the root of your hard drive.
13. Next copy "DisplayVendorID-4ca3" folder to /System/Library/Displays/Overrides. This is to correct the name in system information for the display.

For anyone who has an SSD, skip 14 and 15.

14. Reboot, but boot into your usb installer again. Check what your hard disk is named in disk utility, unmount it, and then open up a terminal window.
15. Type this in EXACTLY

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=device name bs=4K

Raw device being that name you checked in disk utility.

17. If you have done this all correctly, you may boot to the hard drive/ solid state drive and enjoy a 95%~ complete hackintosh!

Things that I am working on:

-Mapping the brightness keys, slider in display prefs still works but when you turn the slider all the way to the left it turns off the backlight
-Switchable graphics or disabling the 6770m completely whether it be a DSDT edit or via bios (via bios sometimes works but more than most of the time causes a cmos reset)
-Microphone controls are not present in the sound prefpane
-HD 3000 artifacts (Though, it seems the FakeSMC provided fixed this)

Credits for the patched AppleHDA, Voodoops2, Chameleon, Kext utility, the custom bios, Lapic kernel patcher, and anything else I missed, go to the creators of these tools and extensions as I did not make them.

[attachment=127519:6047cl.zip]

Attachments

• 6047cl.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 107
Bumping with update: Wifi now works by flashing a no whitelist bios and replacing the pci-e wireless adapter with an Atheros AR9285. Jolly good.
The downside to this is that it will force a cmos reset on reboot with os x. The fix for this is installing elliotforcelegacyrtc.kext and for those dualbooting with windows they will have to use the realtimeisuniversal hack in windows. The VGA port on this model does not function as far as I can tell but the HDMI works perfectly. Also, I receive graphical glitches such as boxes on screen and lines occasionally. And, I am eager to attempt writing a DSDT as I only know how to extract one. Any input is appreciated.

Yet another update: I seem to have done some good snooping and figured out how to fix my DSDT. It compiled with 0 errors 0 warnings 0 remarks and 20 optimizations.

My day just got a whole lot better ^_^

Attachments

• Dv6-6047clDSDT.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 100
And another update: Switched to F.1A bios so I could turn off the 6770m and I made a new dsdt that supports modification of display brightness! Though, a common problem with it is whenever you attempt to re-edit it you receive an error where you change "External (\TNOT)" to "External (\NOT)" or something like that. Just remove the T if you happen to edit ^-^

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 77
Hi i have the same laptop 6047cl after i install i try boot with out usb but i have error 0 can you give me the pack all kernel for this laptop and what kind the wifi i have to replace it im on 10.8.3

Hello, sorry for the late response, haven't messed with OS X in a bit because I'm trying windows 8. Do you have a 1 TB hard drive? And is it multibooted at all? My current 10.8.3 install has a bootloader issue which I can fix but I need like a day or two to do it and then ill give you my extra folder with instructions and whatever. As for wifi, you will need a custom bios. F.1A NWL is what you're looking for. With it you CANNOT change any bios settings though so make changes and then reflash it (You need windows for bios flashing).

Which whitelist removal bios did you end up flashing, and what all issues do you have with it? I have this exact same laptop and have all but given up on a working whitelist injection or complete removal for the version of insyde that this laptop runs! Man HP, what a pain you have to make things.

I have 1tb hardrive i cant install mpr i have format my hard drive to gpp and install what kind wifi card you have to chang can you give me a name of your wifi card i just buy a new wifi card that have bluetooth when i try boot they not go to they say bluetooth id is any way can i change the id for my new card with bluetooth ? And how you keep your windows 7 and dual boot with mac i try mpr not go too can you give a your extra folder and all kennel you install and the bios mod you used thank

Which whitelist removal bios did you end up flashing, and what all issues do you have with it? I have this exact same laptop and have all but given up on a working whitelist injection or complete removal for the version of insyde that this laptop runs! Man HP, what a pain you have to make things.

Hi people, I'm back! I haven't been using OS X for a while because I have been busy with school and work. In reply to your comment I used a modified F1.A which has a whitelist removal. The only quirk about it is that if you make any changes to the bios settings, it semibricks the laptop and you have to manually cmos reset. This is avoided simply by flashing the F1.A bios and changing settings as you want and then flashing the modded one which I will dig up a link for soon as well as hopefully my DSDT, SSDT, and Kexts with a much more rich tutorial. And the wifi card that I personally use is an Atheros AR9285 if I recall correctly. Though I have a second one that doesn't work out of the box for some reason. Audio is a pain on this thing, and getting the power consumption down is also decently hard. Also, switching to the 6770m DOES NOT work. Also @Kevin the above pretty much covers what you want, Just give me a few days as I'm going to be out of town. Not for too long, though.

I use Camiloml's No whitelist F1.A bios. The filename is sp54024.exe i think? I'm currently rounding up all the files that are needed for this and I'm going to make them into one big zip attachment. A side note is that I went back to 10.8 due to some weird graphic issues with my hd 3000 and kernel incompatibilities. I'll update if there happens to be a solution. My goal is to at least get 10.8.4 stable. But yeah, I'm just going to go into detail on where I'm actually at with this laptop

- DSDT that works with native power management, brightness control, lid sleep, and various other minor fixes

- SSDT with working turbo boosts for the i7

-Intel Graphics seem to work out of the box with VERY occasional artifacts that I am looking for a solution to (Anyone who could help would be appreciated)

-Dedicated graphics? I found a thread where some guy got his 6770m working in mountain lion but he never posted a tutorial or anything other than just DSDT edits in plain text which didnt help me at all so I'm not sure when I'll ever get that working

-This brings me to batter, which works via voodoobattery but even after native power management and all these tweaks the battery life is still pig disgusting all because the 6770m cannot be disabled so I either would like to use the 6770m exclusively or disable it for better battery life or ideally both for greatness

-Native audio with some help from a thread I was reading, I will give credit to the person who made the patched appleHDA.kext

-Trackpad working with double touch via rehabman's voodootrackpad kext but the hotkeys are a little messed up

-Webcam works OOB

-Bios (as i said before) I use a No whitelist bios that makes the computer cmos reset on every reboot in mac os OR if you change a setting in the bios so i suggest flashing the normal bios make your changes and then flash this one and it will retain your settings unless you happen to cmos reset again, this is fixed with the cmos reset fixes in multibeast, although sometimes when you restart you will still have to cmos reset. It's just a matter of pulling the power and removing the cmos battery for 5 seconds

-usb 3.0 works with a genericxhci kext that i found recently and i will credit the person who created it

-Ethernet works with a small kext that i found on osx86

-Cd drive works

-For getting the bootloader installed, You have to do the 4k boot sector trick but be VERY careful as you could wipe your whole hard drive with the dd command

-For the dual boot with windows, I followed rehabman's tutorial, google is your friend

-I personally use an AR928X atheros wifi card because it works OOB but you could probably use any half size mini-pcie card that works with os x

That's about it. Expect to see another post with THE WHOLE SHEBANG ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back