Contribute
Register

In Search of the Best Hackintosh Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
seamus22015 said:
May I ask why some of you guys who have an i7 CPU using the GA-X58A-UD3R are using the MacPro 3,1 profile? Wouldn't there the 5,1 profile be more accurate? Is there a performance increase somehow?

I'm seeing dismal scores on NovaBench using my GTS 450 1GB card. Everything else looks good. Could me using the 5,1 profile be the reason?

Yes try a different smbios.

One thing that these benches arent telling you is that gddr3 is slower then gddr5. If you are using mercury engine in adobe or anything like that your getting bottlenecked.

"To give you an example of the performance difference between DDR3 and DDR5 memory, we ran some tests using a GT240 video card with 1 gig of DDR5 memory and a GT240 video card with 1 gig of DDR3. The video card with the DDR5 memory gave us around a 45% speed increase over a GT240 with DDR3 memory"

source
http://www.studio1productions.com/Artic ... ereCS5.htm

However im paying for the value of gddr5 of gts 450 in freezes :(. Been doing a lot of research and I am going to sell the gts 450 and pop in the gt

thejoebot23 said:
seamus22015 said:
May I ask why some of you guys who have an i7 CPU using the GA-X58A-UD3R are using the MacPro 3,1 profile? Wouldn't there the 5,1 profile be more accurate? Is there a performance increase somehow?

I'm seeing dismal scores on NovaBench using my GTS 450 1GB card. Everything else looks good. Could me using the 5,1 profile be the reason?

Yes try a different smbios.

One thing that these benches arent telling you is that gddr3 is slower then gddr5. If you are using mercury engine in adobe or anything like that your getting bottlenecked.

OK, so in light of this, is there any smbios which is 'better' than the others for gfx acceleration? Is there an article that compares 3,1 to 4,1 to 5,1?

Thanks
"To give you an example of the performance difference between DDR3 and DDR5 memory, we ran some tests using a GT240 video card with 1 gig of DDR5 memory and a GT240 video card with 1 gig of DDR3. The video card with the DDR5 memory gave us around a 45% speed increase over a GT240 with DDR3 memory"

source
http://www.studio1productions.com/Artic ... ereCS5.htm

However im paying for the value of gddr5 of gts 450 in freezes :(. Been doing a lot of research and I am going to sell the gts 450 and pop in the gt

Diference 3.1 and 4.1

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 743
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

Did you have the opportunity for testing outside of synthetic benchmarks? Game framerates, for example?

I plan on doing my own comparison as soon as I get my hackpro up and running.

tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

YIKES how did you get those RAM transfer speeds?

weird coz my ram transfer benchmark is 150 (less than yours) yet my measured speed is 6379MBs (more than yours).

I dont get it, off topic though I guess.

tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

what version card is??

link card...

cinebech points?

sfroom said:
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

Did you have the opportunity for testing outside of synthetic benchmarks? Game framerates, for example?

No I don't play games on comp (360 and ps3)
morganb said:
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

weird coz my ram transfer benchmark is 150 (less than yours) yet my measured speed is 6379MBs (more than yours).

bandwidht or clock or something ;-)
jpa said:
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

what version card is??

link card...

cinebech points?

don't know what U asking - " what version card is??......link card... "

cinebench 33.25 FPS , windows 7 85 fps

Here's my results as:

Note my processor is at 3.8Ghz not 1.6 :D
MacPro 3,1
Gigabyte Batmobile 5770 / Kabyl Boot r700 (ATI Experimental) / GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Mac OS X 10.6.6
Intel Core i7 @ 3800 MHz
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770

6144 MB System RAM (Score: 145)
- RAM Speed: 5299 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 688)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 267122736
- Integer Operations/Second: 558467712
- MD5 Hashes Calculated/Second: 1050242

Graphics Tests (Score: 639)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1186

Hardware Tests (Score: 51)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 931 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 93 MB/s

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my result for a 450 GTS

Edit: Oops had the wrong link =O

tetak said:
sfroom said:
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

No I don't play games on comp (360 and ps3)
morganb said:
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

bandwidht or clock or something ;-)
jpa said:
tetak said:
Diference 3.1 and 4.1

what version card is??

link card...

cinebech points?

don't know what U asking - " what version card is??......link card... "

cinebench 33.25 FPS , windows 7 85 fps

link your video card, product to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.