Contribute
Register

In Dual booting cannot rename Windows 10 partition as 'Windows 10'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DH61WW
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s)
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GT 730 GPU (2 GB
I have dual booted High Sierra 10.13.5 with Windows 10. I have made a separate 175 GB partition with Windows 10 in my 1 TB hard drive. But I cannot rename the partition as ‘Windows 10’ as it remained fixed with the name ‘Untitled’ and I cannot activate it in Name & Extension under Get Info.

Moved to Multi Booting

macOS uses the filesystem label as the identifier. NTFS access is limited to read only by default.

I have dual booted High Sierra 10.13.5 with Windows 10. I have made a separate 175 GB partition with Windows 10 in my 1 TB hard drive. But I cannot rename the partition as ‘Windows 10’ as it remained fixed with the name ‘Untitled’ and I cannot activate it in Name & Extension under Get Info.
You can rename it within Windows 10 itself...

I can I view it in High Sierra Platform as 'Windows 10'

I can I view it in High Sierra Platform as 'Windows 10'
Not sure what you mean but, if you boot on your Windows partition, you can easily rename it within the Microsoft OS.

Boot Win10
open Windows Explorer
select computer in left pane
right click on Computer, select properties
at the top left of the properties screen there is a drive icon with a blank box to the right of it.
click in the box and type in whatever you want to name the drive
click apply
click exit

reboot to Mac OS and your Win10 drive icon will now be labeled whatever you named it

you gotta use a 3rd party software like paragon partition manager or another os (eg gparted on ubuntu live) since the access to root partition is restricted in windows 10. but after choosing a label for the 1st time it's not restricted any more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back