GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU
E5300
Graphics
8800 GTS
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I'm preparing my build for ML, but first I have to make it boot into 64 bits mode. Yes, I have a 64 bits CPU. I've tried a lot of things, but I can't get past the last line:

20120827205306.jpg

80-conductor cable not detected on primary channel

I have tried everything I know to get past this and nothing works. The only way to get past that is by using the arch=i386 kernel flag. That line doesn't show up in verbose then, but since ML drops 32 bits mode, I have to make it work. I am completely out of options and I really don't know what else I could try. Can somebody PLEASE help me? I've been trying for months now without finding a solution.

Some extra information about my build:
Specs: see my signature
Multibeast options: EasyBeast install - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet - VoodooHDA 0.2.1 - IOUSBFamily Rollback.
E/E folder: http://cl.ly/J2CW

that error/warning indicates something with your SATA, is it set to AHCI? also possibly try connecting to another port and possibly remove all your SATA/IDE devices except your OSX drive to see if it works.

Well, after changing the SATA ports and disabling the IDE drives (it was only the DVD station), it boots a little further now. But it still gets stuck at some point.

20120828102642.jpg

The launchd process should normally start after that line, but it doesn't and I don't know why. I upgraded from SL to Lion but I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Oh about AHCI mode, I found this in the manual:

Hard drives in RAID/AHCI mode are not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back