Contribute
Register

Impossible to create a bootable USB Sierra with Unibeast (7.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS p8z77-v
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

At the UNIBEAST installation STEP, after the last message asking to check if there wouldn't be any OSX etc... on the stick, nothing happens... Would anyone have a clue ?

More details here :

I downloaded Sierra through the Appstore under my Apple ID.

Formated my 32Go USB stick with disk utility.

This happens because I try to make a fresh install on my hackinstosh since it wouldn't boot anymore, i used a friend's MacBook pro running Sierra.

Last edited:
I have the same issue in my small config celeron G1840 with sierra usb installer made with unibeast : boot failed at smibios definition : i'had install successively yosemite and el capitan with same config plist but not mach with sierra ( with my other config with i3 4150 all works fine )

Last edited:
I have the same issue in my small config celeron G1840 with sierra usb installer made with unibeast : boot failed at smibios definition : i'had install successively yosemite and el capitan with same config plist but not mach with sierra ( with my other config with i3 4150 all works fine )
I think I didn't make my explanation clear. I can't create the USB stick from my friend's macbook : UNIBEAST won't go through the installation step...

For problems with UniBeast you should post in the UniBeast forum where the developer will respond to you.
Pay attention to the Troubleshooting note 'sticky' threads first.

I always was getting boot0af error when creating the USB Installer with unibeast. Part of the problem is the step where I put CLOVER on the USB disk: it would not be able to create the fat32 partition to boot CLOVER from. Simple solution is creating the disk not in unibeast but in Terminal as follows:
- format usb stick and name it Installer (this is the name used in the following command)

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Installer --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --no interaction

you can proceed to run clover on this usb disk installer.

Last edited:
I always was getting boot0af error when creating the USB Installer with unibeast. Part of the problem is the step where I put CLOVER on the USB disk: it would not be able to create the fat32 partition to boot CLOVER from. Simple solution is creating the disk not in unibeast but in Terminal as follows:
- format usb stick and name it Installer (this is the name used in the following command)

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Installer --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --no interaction

you can proceed to run clover on this usb disk installer.

You suggest to create the usb with terminal and install clover on the usb after : i try this evening and tell you after.

Last edited:
You suggest to create the usb with terminal and install clover on the usb after : i try this evening and tell you after.
Well yeah I did a hack yesterday with newest Unibeast and 10.12.4 Sierra on UEFI system and all what I was trying for hours was getting errors. In an old mavericks tutorial there was a command to create usb installer, so I tried a modified command line for Sierra.

System: i7 4790k, Asus Z97 Deluxe, Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390x, 32GB Kingston 1600MHz Ram, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Dualboot Sierra 10.12.4 with Windows 10 1703, Bios setup with integrated Intel graphics
It's a work in progress
Things to fix:
Audio not working, Thunderbolt II Card not working, WIFI+Bluetooth not working, ACPI Tables/ DSDT patching,...

Last edited:
i think it's the disk utility in el capitan : impossible to format the usb installer with one partition as in yosemite or sierra : i' ll try to create the installer on my other customac in sierra .

I'll try this way :
- still stuck at AppleCPUpowermnagement : but i hope posts i reeded here this afternoon will give me some config to be abble booting;
- but some years later i managed a success install with iboot on my old Toshiba Satelite and also on my HP intel from 2006
Thank's for your advice ;-)

( i have issue on my budget build Celeron G1840 but on my other build with i3 4150 all is smooth on Sierra and the Sapphire R9 380 is powerful )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back