2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After many troubles, I managed to install OS X Yosemite on my workstation (Hardware in signature), but I have a big issue: I am not able to boot my OS X partition. I tried to install both Chimera 4.1.0 and Clover 2.3 r3726 but when I start on the partition, It stops on the Apple logo screen with the loading bar; I also tried to boot up in verbose mode and the last string is: mbinit done (128 MB ... ).
Nothing of this if I boot from the USB I created with my MBP with UniBeast 5.2.0 and Yosemite from MAS and Yosemite partition starts normally.

I'm waiting for some helping hands :)
Thanks a lot in advice!

PS: If you need any adding infos, ask me please! ;)

EDIT: I don't know if this info is useful, but my Yosemite SSD is GPT formatted; I don't know if an MBR formatting is required.

Last edited:
After many troubles, I managed to OS X Yosemite on my workstation (Hardware in signature), but I have a big issue: I am not able to boot my OS X partition. I tried to install both Chimera 4.1.0 and Clover 2.3 r3726 but when I start on the partition, It stops on the Apple logo screen with the loading bar; I also tried to boot up in verbose mode and the last string is: mbinit done (128 MB ... ).
Nothing of this if I boot from the USB I created with my MBP with UniBeast 5.2.0 and Yosemite from MAS and Yosemite partition starts normally.

I'm waiting for some helping hands :)
Thanks a lot in advice!

PS: If you need any adding infos, ask me please! ;)

EDIT: I don't know if this info is useful, but my Yosemite SSD is GPT formatted; I don't know if an MBR formatting is required.
If it boots OK from the USB but does not from the Clover installed to the SSD, then try boot to desktop, mount the EFI partition of the USB and copy EFI folder to desktop. Eject the USB. Mount the EFI partition of the SSD, replace the EFI folder in the SSD EFI partition with the one on the desktop. Before rebooting remove any kext files from the SSD/EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.xx folders that you have installed to Library/Extensions or to S/L/E. You do not want duplicated kexts fighting each other.

If it boots OK from the USB but does not from the Clover installed to the SSD, then try boot to desktop, mount the EFI partition of the USB and copy EFI folder to desktop. Eject the USB. Mount the EFI partition of the SSD, replace the EFI folder in the SSD EFI partition with the one on the desktop. Before rebooting remove any kext files from the SSD/EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.xx folders that you have installed to Library/Extensions or to S/L/E. You do not want duplicated kexts fighting each other.

I mounted USB's EFI Partition as you said but unfortunately it's empty and there isn't any EFI folder that can I copy on Desktop. Are there any other ways to solve my issue?
PS: obviously I enabled the showing of hidden files from Terminal, but EFI is empty anyway.

Istantanea.jpg

Last edited:
Look at the Root of the USB - is there an EFI folder there? If yes, then you made a Legacy Mode installer. Not to say this will not work on X99, but you must enable CSM and Legacy Mode booting in the BIOS.

Nope man.. Nothing like this.. No EFI folder in my Yosemite Installer Drive.
Istantanea.jpg

If you had created it with Clover, then you could try running diskutil list before running EFIMounter to make sure you have the correct EFI partition to mount - It is not always the same each time. There must be an EFI folder in your USB EFI partition if there is not one in root for the USB to be able to boot.

The dead giveaway that you used Chimera as your boot loader is the /Extra folder and the boot file in root.

I'm looking for these right now but nothing.. Neither EFI Folder in root nor folders or files in EFI partition. How possible?

I'm looking for these right now but nothing.. Neither EFI Folder in root nor folders or files in EFI partition. How possible?
Chimera based UniBeast for installing Yosemite. Clover only became a requirement with El Capitan.
The hidden boot file in root and the /Extra folders are dead giveaways for a Chimera/Chameleon based installer.

Is there a way to solve this issue at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back