Contribute
Register

Important Bios Update required for GA-Z68xp-UD3(f8 to f10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a F8 board and upgraded it to F10 after I read this post. After upgrading I used the F8 DSDT on the site. In Lion everything seems to work perfectly fine but I'm having 3 different problems during the BIOS start up and I'm not sure if they are related.

1. It seems 50% of the time I reboot the BIOS startup process will start off slow and hang at different points while it is starting up or POSTing.

2. Occasionally when I reboot to fix this issue my BIOS version displays as the previous version F8... ?! I'm guessing it has the original or last version backed up or something.

3. While the EFI is loading I see this but it won't stop my computer from going into Lion:
file.php

Attachments

• IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:
I got similar problem in F10.
and sometime I got a message after login "You need to restart.....Please hold the power..."
Finally downgrade to f8.
seems z68xp ud3 is not very good motherboard for hackintosh.

ellissitzky said:
I recently got a F8 board and upgraded it to F10 after I read this post. After upgrading I used the F8 DSDT on the site. In Lion everything seems to work perfectly fine but I'm having 3 different problems during the BIOS start up and I'm not sure if they are related.

1. It seems 50% of the time I reboot the BIOS startup process will start off slow and hang at different points while it is starting up or POSTing.

2. Occasionally when I reboot to fix this issue my BIOS version displays as the previous version F8... ?! I'm guessing it has the original or last version backed up or something.

3. While the EFI is loading I see this but it won't stop my computer from going into Lion:
file.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have the sleep function fully working on 10.6.8 ?

the hack goes to sleep but when it wakes up i get a Blank screen.

Impossible to get the GPU back.

OS 10.6.8, Bios F10, DSDT F10 and Different GPU tried ( 5450, 6850).

Please help me if you have a solution cause I need the sleep function.

Thanks

To get full functionality on this motherboard you need to upgrade to Lion as Sandy Bridge support in Snow Leopard is incomplete.

Hi, I hadn't checked before but When I plugged the HDmi monitor the DVI won't work anymore on Sapphire 5450.

I have choose this card cause had always worked OOB on other GA Z68 Mobos and dsdt.

With this one I'm having No DVI or blinking pinky image after 10.6.8 update.

tried kext wizard with ATI 5xxx kext, tried ati config Baboon and Eluemur but still
getting the same issue.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back