Contribute
Register

iMessage Will Not Sign In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once received an error code when trying to log in to iMessage and told me to contact apple well after fiddling with it and still being unsuccessful I finally just called apple and it was something on their end and the guy hit some button and it went right through so don't hesitate to call them as long as it gave you a specific code

Interesting...

I can get dicey if they start asking you for details on your "Mac"... model/serial# etc. :)

I wonder how accepting of hackintosh Apple is internally. Obviously, they don't do us very many favors in terms of making it easy, but it seems they allow it at some level. To some extent, it benefits them. Prior to hacking, I had no Apple products. Now I have a MacBook Air, Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad...

Interesting...

I can get dicey if they start asking you for details on your "Mac"... model/serial# etc. :)
The guy just asked for my apple id and the code and the mac model I read to him what it said in the about this mac and that was it he did his thing and it started working. I did later have some more problems with it so I did some more research and found a more permenat solution the filenvram and the smbios part of jaymonkey's iMessage fix is what did it for me though
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-50.html

Hi,

Yes I followed your sticky guide,
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook-97.html

ok so here's a newbie question, when the laptop boots up... is it using unibeast to boot it? because I didn't use multi beast or any other booter to install.

I just tried to change my apple id password and that didn't do it. I have a strong feeling about that filenvram would work. I'm going to try that.

Also any ideas as to where this path is located in the finder? sorry for these simple questions.
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes I followed your sticky guide,
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook-97.html

ok so here's a newbie question, when the laptop boots up... is it using unibeast to boot it? because I didn't use multi beast or any other booter to install.

The ProBook Installer installs Chameleon.

I just tried to change my apple id password and that didn't do it. I have a strong feeling about that filenvram would work. I'm going to try that.

FileNVRAM is already installed by the ProBook Installer?

After you changed your password, did you login successfully with one of your iDevices?
Did you add a credit card to your appleid?

Also any ideas as to where this path is located in the finder? sorry for these simple questions.
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

A path is a path... not sure what you're asking. You could follow that exact path in finder by clicking or use Go -> Go to Folder.

I just called, and they unlocked it in the back... so now it's working like charm!

I wonder how accepting of hackintosh Apple is internally. Obviously, they don't do us very many favors in terms of making it easy, but it seems they allow it at some level. To some extent, it benefits them. Prior to hacking, I had no Apple products. Now I have a MacBook Air, Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad...
Well on their end they really have no clue if it's a hack or real Mac but I do agree it benefits them do a certain level cause of all the accessories that get sold as well as apps that get downloaded via the App Store because of it. In my situation I had the iPhone and iPad before the hackintosh but bought the Apple TV afterward but I do plan on buying the MacBook Air since getting a taste of Mac OS X. Did you notice the price drop on the 11 in and 13 in models.

I just called, and they unlocked it in the back... so now it's working like charm!
Well like I said for me it wasn't a permanent solution but it did work. I called them like five times before I found the right solution for me.

Well on their end they really have no clue if it's a hack or real Mac

I'm pretty certain they know... It is easy to tell (check for FakeSMC or any number of other indicators) and could easily be sent down the wire when interacting with various Apple online services.

but I do plan on buying the MacBook Air since getting a taste of Mac OS X. Did you notice the price drop on the 11 in and 13 in models.

The steal right now is if you're ok with buying a refurb Ivy MacBookAir5,x. I read something that said $599 for base model... Not sure if it is real, but for genuine Apple product, that would be a screaming deal... Maybe they are all gone now.

Officially off-topic now...

Interesting...

Is it true that they can anytime disallow us to use hackintosh on prpbooks? I mean they could with an update or something to do it. It is true that without hackintosh i wouldnt buy certain apple products as well , so both sides win

Is it true that they can anytime disallow us to use hackintosh on prpbooks? I mean they could with an update or something to do it.

Of course.

It is true that without hackintosh i wouldnt buy certain apple products as well , so both sides win

Certainly your right as a consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back