Graphics
Intel HD Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Help! I have clean installed Mavericks on my ProBook 4530s and my iMessage will no longer sign in.

I have tried every fix that I have found online but nothing seems to be working. So far the fixes I've tried are...

- Ran MultiBeast 6.0.0

- Ran the ProBook Installer 6.1.9

- Installed several versions of the FileNVRAM.dylib fix

- Changed my iMessage password

Are there any other fixes that are worth trying?

Help! I have clean installed Mavericks on my ProBook 4530s and my iMessage will no longer sign in.

I have tried every fix that I have found online but nothing seems to be working. So far the fixes I've tried are...

- Ran MultiBeast 6.0.0

- Ran the ProBook Installer 6.1.9

- Installed several versions of the FileNVRAM.dylib fix

- Changed my iMessage password

Are there any other fixes that are worth trying?

We don't use Multibeast on the ProBook. Try a fresh install. Follow the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

THANK YOU!!! Option 1 & 2 solved the problem for me! You rock!

Well your fixes were working until I messed up and signed into Facetime. I haven't been able to sign back into iMessage since then. Have you ran across this problem before?

i tried all the suggested fixes, saving the changing of my password to last. unfortunately, the password change was what solved my problem.

i say unfortunately because i suppose every time i update another hack to mavericks i'll need to change my password again.

there must be some witchcraft going on inside apple's iMessage system.

the first hack i upgraded was not my probook, but after i did the first upgrade (and was unsuccessful logging into iMessage on that machine) i discovered that iMessage on my probook, which was still running ML, was broken. so, the act of trying to log onto iMessage from my first mavericks upgrade did something to my iMessage account in apple's system. interestingly, iMessage still worked fine on my only real mac, an Air.

then earlier this aft i bit the bullet, changed my AppleID password, and all 3 hacks now are able to log into iMessage.

I finally gave up and reinstalled Mavericks from scratch. This solved my problem. iMessage is running correctly for me now. I think what caused all my problems had to do with the fact that I initially ran MultiBeast 6.0 before ran the ProBook Installer.

The second time installing Mavericks I strictly stuck to the ProBook Installer 6.1.9 and I've had no problems so far.

Hi,

Recently I was able to get started on my hackintosh project, very much thanks goes out to the people who made this work. I'm now having difficulty with iMessage and FaceTime. I have been reading the forums and wanting to try some of the things that are posted but I'm afraid of breaking it and I feel like I don't have some of the files that people are mentioning.

First off I'm using an HP Probook 4530s and I used the tony mac guide for that particular laptop when installing the OS. From what I read, can I use clover or chimera to help fix the iMessage and FaceTime problem? I used the unibeast to created my usb boot drive, so would that be compatible if i used something like clover?

There's also mentioning of a file called FileNVRam 1.1.2, I want to give this a try but people are talking about a folder called Extra, and I do not see anything like that in my finder. I also what to give this a try and yet again I don't know where that path exist. Please help, i'm a newbie with MAC. Below is my screenshot of my finder, underneath application should list Library/Preferences/Sys conf but it's not.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Option 2: Erase all Network Settings then Re-Add Devices

1. Open Finder and navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
20140430_114512.jpg

I also forgot to mention that the error for iMessage was that it couldn't register me and gave me a code to call Apple.

FaceTime would not log me in.

Thanks

Hi,

Recently I was able to get started on my hackintosh project, very much thanks goes out to the people who made this work. I'm now having difficulty with iMessage and FaceTime. I have been reading the forums and wanting to try some of the things that are posted but I'm afraid of breaking it and I feel like I don't have some of the files that people are mentioning.

First off I'm using an HP Probook 4530s and I used the tony mac guide for that particular laptop when installing the OS. From what I read, can I use clover or chimera to help fix the iMessage and FaceTime problem? I used the unibeast to created my usb boot drive, so would that be compatible if i used something like clover?

There's also mentioning of a file called FileNVRam 1.1.2, I want to give this a try but people are talking about a folder called Extra, and I do not see anything like that in my finder. I also what to give this a try and yet again I don't know where that path exist. Please help, i'm a newbie with MAC. Below is my screenshot of my finder, underneath application should list Library/Preferences/Sys conf but it's not.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Option 2: Erase all Network Settings then Re-Add Devices

1. Open Finder and navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
View attachment 91322

If you follow one of the guides here (sticky guides at the top of this forum), you will probably not have this issue... Did you?

Key is to use Chameleon bootloader (or Clover), not Chimera (for now).

Note that succesfully using iMessage may involve:
- changing your password for your appleid
- logging in with a real iDevice (iPad, iPhone, etc.)
- attaching a credit card to your appleid

Probook Mavericks guides:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

If you follow one of the guides here (sticky guides at the top of this forum), you will probably not have this issue... Did you?

Key is to use Chameleon bootloader (or Clover), not Chimera (for now).

Note that succesfully using iMessage may involve:
- changing your password for your appleid
- logging in with a real iDevice (iPad, iPhone, etc.)
- attaching a credit card to your appleid

Probook Mavericks guides:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html
I once received an error code when trying to log in to iMessage and told me to contact apple well after fiddling with it and still being unsuccessful I finally just called apple and it was something on their end and the guy hit some button and it went right through so don't hesitate to call them as long as it gave you a specific code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back