GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi folks!

So I recently updated to Yosemite using UniBeast and Multibeast. Yesterday I switched over to Clover, hoping for fixing my iMessage.
I still cannot use iMessage (Could not sign into iMessage - an error occured during activation. Try again.).

These are the things that I tried:

• Changed my serialnumber (using Clover Configurator)
  • changed SMBIOS with iMessage debug
  • changed rt variables with iMessage debug (ROM and MLB)
  • deleted all files recommended here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html (although I couldn't delete all files - it said that some were still in use?)
  • changed my apple password
  • fixed the SId bug by using "uuidgen"

My apple id is verified.

Can someone please help me? I am close to crying out loud D:

cheers
STECX

If you got a reference code pop up when signing in, you need to call Apple to unblock it from their server. That's it.

I dont get that message. I get this msg:

Could not sign into iMessage - an error occured during activation. Try again.

I suggest reviewing the guide again because it's pretty thorough, maybe you missed something.

can I just start from the beginning of the tutorial? or do I need to delete something so I can start over?

(Feel free to use this script to clean up your files USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tugbbwyjm3k8ll/clean_imessage.sh?dl=0 Updated Nov 7th fixed typo in script)

If you get the message that you can not delete files due to them being in use perform a secure delete it should wipe them out and reboot - however you need to make sure to remove all files that match the required removal.

To perform a secure delete CMD + Right Click trash icon

If done correctly it should take you to the iMessage setup page when you first execute iMessages that is how you know you got all the old security and other files.

Make sure to note the following section from that guild and make sure to pay attention to the part of "Delete all files beginning with the following prefixes" as I have seen that some will just delete some of the files that matches and leave others you need to delete all matches that start with the below prefixes

Enable ‘Show all Files’, start-up Finder and navigate to:-

/StartupDrive/Users/Username/Library/Caches

Delete all files beginning with the following prefixes:-

• Caches/com.apple.Messages
• Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent

Now navigate to:-

/StartupDrive/Users/Username/Library/Preferences

Delete all files beginning with the following prefixes:-

• com.apple.iChat.
• com.apple.imagent.
• com.apple.imessage.
• com.apple.imservice.