EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

Looking for a little assistance: iMessage is the last thing to get working on my Hackintosh (and therefore is becoming a splinter in my mind!), I have installed Chimera v2.1.2 r2148 and iMessage is not working.

After a little searching, I found this was a problem with earlier versions of Chimera but was fixed in v2.0 - is this right?

I did by mistake install the v2.0.1 r2109...but then installed the latest version included in Multibeast

Am I missing something here? - I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Looking for a little assistance: iMessage is the last thing to get working on my Hackintosh (and therefore is becoming a splinter in my mind!), I have installed Chimera v2.1.2 r2148 and iMessage is not working.

After a little searching, I found this was a problem with earlier versions of Chimera but was fixed in v2.0 - is this right?

I did by mistake install the v2.0.1 r2109...but then installed the latest version included in Multibeast

Am I missing something here? - I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks

Have you tried Chameleon Wizard? There is a FileNVRAM module that is said to cure the problem.

Adrian B

Have you tried Chameleon Wizard? There is a FileNVRAM module that is said to cure the problem.

Adrian B

Thanks Adrian - I've just installed Chameleon Wizard and just clicked install and rebooted - no joy :(

Unless i'm missing something, will google about...and update if fixed

(I didn't do anything with a FileNVRAM, i assumed the wizard fixed it when i installed it)

strange.......

Ok people, I've fixed it....

This site helped a lot :

http://tekwik.com/2013/01/imessage-fix-chameleon/

1. Use Chameleon Wizard to install the latest version.
2. Replace the 'modules' folder with the one downloaded from the above site.

Bingo! :)

So I've tried everything with no luck. The really pissing me off fact: I can get messages on my computer, but when I reply iMessage says the number isn't registered with iMessage. How did I get the text if it's not registered. UG

I have the latest patches installed from both Apple and this amazing community. Very open to any suggestions. Thanks.:banghead:

(revised 9:45 am)

I found this on Apple's communities site and I only had to do step one. My initial test message didn't send, but clicking "resend" sent the text.

ph-userlevel09.png
Level 9 (77,210 points)
Linc Davis
Re: iMessages Not Sending From Computer
May 23, 2013 10:20 PM (in response to spiderguy84)

Please read this whole message before doing anything.Back up all data.Quit Messages if it’s running.Step 1Hold down the option key and selectGo Libraryfrom the Finder menu bar. Move the following items from the Library folder to the Trash (either may not exist):

• Caches/com.apple.Messages
  • Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent

Leave the Library folder open. Log out and log back in. Try Messages again. If it works now, stop here. Close the Library folder.Step 2If you still have problems, quit Messages again. Go back to the Finder and move the following item from the open Library folder to the Desktop:

Note: you are not moving the Messages application. You’re moving a folder named “Messages.”Test. If Messages now works, delete the Messages folder on the Desktop. Otherwise, quit Messages again. Put back the folder you moved, overwriting the newer one that may have been created in its place, and continue.Step 3In the Preferences subfolder, there may be several files having names that begin with any of the following strings:

• com.apple.iChat
  • com.apple.imdsmsrecordstore
  • com.apple.imessage
  • com.apple.imservice

Move them all to the Desktop. There may also be a file with the name "com.apple.imagent.plist". Move that to the Trash.Also in the Preferences folder, there's a subfolder named "ByHost". Open it and do the same thing.Log out and log back in. Test again. This time Messages should perform normally, but your settings will be lost. You may be able to put back some of the files you moved to the Desktop in this step. Relaunch and test after each one. Eventually you should find one or more that causes Messages to malfunction. Delete those files and recreate whatever settings they contained.If the issue is still not resolved, quit Messages again and put all the items you moved to the Desktop back where they were. You don’t need to replace the items you moved to the Trash. Stop here and post again.If you later decide that you don’t like the results of steps 2 and 3, you can undo them completely by quitting Messages and restoring the items you deleted in those steps from your backup.

Ok people, I've fixed it....

This site helped a lot :

http://tekwik.com/2013/01/imessage-fix-chameleon/

1. Use Chameleon Wizard to install the latest version.
2. Replace the 'modules' folder with the one downloaded from the above site.

Bingo! :)

Ive used this to fix my imessage but when i restart, it freezes, then freezes on -x safe mode. anyone else have these problems??? I did this twice on clean installs with the same result??????

So I've tried everything with no luck. The really pissing me off fact: I can get messages on my computer, but when I reply iMessage says the number isn't registered with iMessage. How did I get the text if it's not registered. UG

I have the latest patches installed from both Apple and this amazing community. Very open to any suggestions. Thanks.:banghead:

(revised 9:45 am)

I found this on Apple's communities site and I only had to do step one. My initial test message didn't send, but clicking "resend" sent the text.

ph-userlevel09.png
Level 9 (77,210 points)
Linc Davis
Re: iMessages Not Sending From Computer
May 23, 2013 10:20 PM (in response to spiderguy84)

Please read this whole message before doing anything.Back up all data.Quit Messages if it’s running.Step 1Hold down the option key and selectGo Libraryfrom the Finder menu bar. Move the following items from the Library folder to the Trash (either may not exist):

• Caches/com.apple.Messages
  • Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent

Leave the Library folder open. Log out and log back in. Try Messages again. If it works now, stop here. Close the Library folder.Step 2If you still have problems, quit Messages again. Go back to the Finder and move the following item from the open Library folder to the Desktop:

Note: you are not moving the Messages application. You’re moving a folder named “Messages.”Test. If Messages now works, delete the Messages folder on the Desktop. Otherwise, quit Messages again. Put back the folder you moved, overwriting the newer one that may have been created in its place, and continue.Step 3In the Preferences subfolder, there may be several files having names that begin with any of the following strings:

• com.apple.iChat
  • com.apple.imdsmsrecordstore
  • com.apple.imessage
  • com.apple.imservice

Move them all to the Desktop. There may also be a file with the name "com.apple.imagent.plist". Move that to the Trash.Also in the Preferences folder, there's a subfolder named "ByHost". Open it and do the same thing.Log out and log back in. Test again. This time Messages should perform normally, but your settings will be lost. You may be able to put back some of the files you moved to the Desktop in this step. Relaunch and test after each one. Eventually you should find one or more that causes Messages to malfunction. Delete those files and recreate whatever settings they contained.If the issue is still not resolved, quit Messages again and put all the items you moved to the Desktop back where they were. You don’t need to replace the items you moved to the Trash. Stop here and post again.If you later decide that you don’t like the results of steps 2 and 3, you can undo them completely by quitting Messages and restoring the items you deleted in those steps from your backup.

I'm not sure if this is necessarily a hackintosh problem, perhaps some router firewall may be blocking connection to the server. You can also try changing your serial number with chameleon wizard.

I tried the fix suggested in this thread, it did not work for me. I have an nvram file in my Extra folder, does anyone else have one too? Its called Nvram and then a long number ending in plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back