Contribute
Register

iMessage not working after update - MLB & ROM values not sticking - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i only have to say the error message and i guess my apple id email ?

So i only have to say the error message and i guess my apple id email ?

They will ask for your name, call back number, and Apple ID. Then just tell them iMessage won't activate and told you to call support with a code, tell them you have the code. That should do it.

As for fixing FaceTime, it should fix that as well. You do need a board serial number, the Probook Installer should have generated one for you. Under board serial number put your generated serial number plus 5 alpha-numeric characters at the end (17 characters in total) under the SMBIOS section of Clover Configurator. Go to System Preferences --> Network --> Ethernet --> Advanced --> Hardware and get your MAC address. Enter that in the ROM section of RT Variables in Clover Configurator with just the numbers/letters, no colons or spaces. Then save your config and reboot. If you run imessage_debug it should come back with your ROM and MLB populated. If not, then something has gone wrong. In my case I had to install the emuvariable driver as suggested earlier in this thread. I downloaded a Clover installer to do it, but I found you can do it under the drivers section of Clover Configurator.

Thanks for the info . I don't understand why ROM and Board Number is nessecary since i get the call to apple message without having values there . If i call in apple won't they be able to unlock it without the need of having rom and board number?

Can confirm updating ROM and MLB via Clover with my valid Mac mini values fixed iMessage on my hackintoshes. Kept the rest of the generated SMBIOS values the same.

Hi all - I've done the same steps with clover and it always randomizes the ROM and U

I can get the
IOPlatformSerialNumber to stick but not ROM, MLB or
UUID - please help at whits end. Also please note I'm booting clover via a USB stick to a SM951 that is not detected in my bios but is detected in the clover boot loader. So Im not 100% sure clover is using data from USB clover setting plist or the SM951. Whatever it is reading is randomizing the ROM, MLB, and
UUID.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back