HP Probook 4530s A7K05UT
CPU
i7-2720QM
Graphics
HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I can't get iMessage to work. I updated to Yosemite from a working Mavericks install with Clover 2932. As per the upgrade guide, I ran PBI CE before upgrading but stupidly updated the config.plist file in the process. I tried reverting back to Mavericks via Time Machine, but since I'm on Clover it obviously didn't work as Clover seems to be borked. I tried a fresh install of Yosemite using the latest PBI CE with Clover 2955 (a fresh Mavericks install with Clover fixed it in the past), but it still won't activate.

All the "iMessage fixes" have been checked, I have a credit card attached to my account, my internet ports are all setup properly (LAN = en0, wifi = en1, etc), I've changed my password, etc. FaceTime, iCloud, etc, all work fine, just iMessage is not allowing me to login.

imessage_debug keeps reporting back failed on MLB and ROM. I've tried manually injecting MLB & ROM via Clover Configurator, but it's not sticking. I've manually edited config.plist and imessage_debug reports back failed. I've generated smuuid using uuidgen in terminal, tried replaced the last section of that with my ethernet MAC address, tried using my serial# plus 5 digits for the board serial number, etc. Nothing seems to work, it always reports back failed like it's not reading the values properly.

After hours and hours of messing with it I tried another Yosemite fresh install using Clover 2932 again (which worked in Mavericks), going through all the same steps I did to install my working Mavericks installation, even used the same files I used for that installation to create the installation media and used the second to last version of PBI CE that I used on my working Mavericks installation. Still iMessage_debug (v1 and v2) are reporting back failed next to MLB and ROM.

I know it's got to be something on my end, as I'm not getting the "Please call Apple with activation code" message like I did before with Mavericks/Clover 2932 installation (which I was able to call and get it fixed up). I'd be happy just to be able to get to THAT point.

I'm 99% sure it has to do with MLB and ROM, but can't figure out why my values are not sticking. Doesn't matter what I put in there or how I go about it, imessage_debug always comes back failed next to MLB and ROM. I did make sure to press F4 at Clover screen during initial boot up after install, ran PBI CE with the appropriate options, patch DSDT, etc.

I'm at my wit's end, can't figure this one out with Google/search. Any insight as to what I may be doing wrong?

EDIT: Here's the output of imessage_debug v2

**********************iMessage Debug**********************
Credits: ElNono, mdmwii,flux84, sugarface, pokenguyen

Model: MacBookPro8,1
Board-id: Mac-94245B3640C91C81
SerialNumber: C02JHUK4DH2G
Hardware UUID: 08061019-F3D5-5740-AA79-D0EBB41724F2

System-ID: 526D7D9D-0735-E111-B3CF-4488BF0CE065
ROM: failed
BoardSerialNumber: failed

Gq3489ugfi: b6399c5aa3aa51997954e7592aefa54a94
Fyp98tpgj: 2c4e23b11c5cfa03d926a20a09bb57c4d5
kbjfrfpoJU: 36fbbbc8020af4ed4dc7ccc81c81e92a03
oycqAZloTNDm: 0000000000000000000000000000000000
abKPld1EcMni: 0000000000000000000000000000000000

I can't get iMessage to work. I updated to Yosemite from a working Mavericks install with Clover 2932. As per the upgrade guide, I ran PBI CE before upgrading but stupidly updated the config.plist file in the process. I tried reverting back to Mavericks via Time Machine, but since I'm on Clover it obviously didn't work as Clover seems to be borked. I tried a fresh install of Yosemite using the latest PBI CE with Clover 2955 (a fresh Mavericks install with Clover fixed it in the past), but it still won't activate.

All the "iMessage fixes" have been checked, I have a credit card attached to my account, my internet ports are all setup properly (LAN = en0, wifi = en1, etc), I've changed my password, etc. FaceTime, iCloud, etc, all work fine, just iMessage is not allowing me to login.

imessage_debug keeps reporting back failed on MLB and ROM. I've tried manually injecting MLB & ROM via Clover Configurator, but it's not sticking. I've manually edited config.plist and imessage_debug reports back failed. I've generated smuuid using uuidgen in terminal, tried replaced the last section of that with my ethernet MAC address, tried using my serial# plus 5 digits for the board serial number, etc. Nothing seems to work, it always reports back failed like it's not reading the values properly.

After hours and hours of messing with it I tried another Yosemite fresh install using Clover 2932 again (which worked in Mavericks), going through all the same steps I did to install my working Mavericks installation, even used the same files I used for that installation to create the installation media and used the second to last version of PBI CE that I used on my working Mavericks installation. Still iMessage_debug (v1 and v2) are reporting back failed next to MLB and ROM.

I know it's got to be something on my end, as I'm not getting the "Please call Apple with activation code" message like I did before with Mavericks/Clover 2932 installation (which I was able to call and get it fixed up). I'd be happy just to be able to get to THAT point.

I'm 99% sure it has to do with MLB and ROM, but can't figure out why my values are not sticking. Doesn't matter what I put in there or how I go about it, imessage_debug always comes back failed next to MLB and ROM. I did make sure to press F4 at Clover screen during initial boot up after install, ran PBI CE with the appropriate options, patch DSDT, etc.

I'm at my wit's end, can't figure this one out with Google/search. Any insight as to what I may be doing wrong?

EDIT: Here's the output of imessage_debug v2

**********************iMessage Debug**********************
Credits: ElNono, mdmwii,flux84, sugarface, pokenguyen

Model: MacBookPro8,1
Board-id: Mac-94245B3640C91C81
SerialNumber: C02JHUK4DH2G
Hardware UUID: 08061019-F3D5-5740-AA79-D0EBB41724F2

System-ID: 526D7D9D-0735-E111-B3CF-4488BF0CE065
ROM: failed
BoardSerialNumber: failed

Gq3489ugfi: b6399c5aa3aa51997954e7592aefa54a94
Fyp98tpgj: 2c4e23b11c5cfa03d926a20a09bb57c4d5
kbjfrfpoJU: 36fbbbc8020af4ed4dc7ccc81c81e92a03
oycqAZloTNDm: 0000000000000000000000000000000000
abKPld1EcMni: 0000000000000000000000000000000000

Please run the Clover installer (try many versions) and select "EmuVariable" in drivers64UEFI.

Please run the Clover installer (try many versions) and select "EmuVariable" in drivers64UEFI.

Thanks for the tip. I saw that before but didn't know if we Probook/PBI users needed it.

I got it installed, and now have MLB & ROM values!

Unfortunately now instead of "Can't activate at this time. Try again later." I get "Can't login. Please check network connection." I've tried rebooting a couple times, internet works fine, just signed into FaceTime just fine. Any tips on this one?

Thanks for the tip. I saw that before but didn't know if we Probook/PBI users needed it.

I got it installed, and now have MLB & ROM values!

Unfortunately now instead of "Can't activate at this time. Try again later." I get "Can't login. Please check network connection." I've tried rebooting a couple times, internet works fine, just signed into FaceTime just fine. Any tips on this one?

You have to use MLB and ROM from a working system.

You have to use MLB and ROM from a working system.

Ah so they've changed security yet again? Apple sure is being a PITA about iMessage. My old Chameleon install of Mavericks iMessage quit working, so I updated to Clover, got that working, and now with Yosemite Clover install, they've killed it again.

I don't have a Mac (only an iPhone and Apple TV), but my sister has an iMac. Can I use the MLB & ROM off of that, and will it cause them any issues if I do so?

I just read a post about needing a genuine MLB & ROM as far back as early September, not sure how long it's been since it's had to be genuine. However, I just did my Clover Mavericks install back on October 1st, and did not have to do anything with MLB & ROM, just regular fresh install (format/partition disk, run Mavericks installer from USB, run PBI CE post-installation), and was able to get the "Call Apple support with this code" message due to my many previous attempts to get iMessage working on my borked Chameleon Mavericks install using the same Apple ID. But after calling Apple with the code, it activated and worked just fine. I can't even get to that point now.

So with my previous Clover/Mavericks install did I just get lucky with the generated MLB & ROM and it worked out, or is the genuine MLB & ROM a Yosemite-specific thing? Because it was only 2 weeks ago I was able to get iMessage activated with a PBI-CE generated MLB & ROM.

EDIT: Got it working! Just used my ethernet port MAC address for the ROM and my serial# plus 5 alphanumeric characters on the end for the "board serial number" in Clover Configurator, rebooted and got the "Call Apple Support blah blah". Just got off the phone with them and now iMessage is activated and working. Now I'm not touching it! lol Thanks for the help!

EDIT 2: So now just wondering why my MLB & ROM weren't sticking before? I've never had to manually install emuvariable before to get it working. Is this just something going on with my specific situation? If I do a fresh install later on down the road, will I be able to keep the same values I've specified now and just copy and paste the emuvariable file into the appropriate folder or will it require actually re-running the installer? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my head wrapped around all this. Still pretty new to Clover. Thanks!

Is it safe to call apple support ? I'am a bit afraid to do that . Do i need a REAL serial number in order for the call to work ?

Is it safe to call apple support ? I'am a bit afraid to do that . Do i need a REAL serial number in order for the call to work ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#post795297

Go to the link and read Step-8: Contacting Apple to remove iMessage Lock-out for tips on contacting Apple. Don't bother trying to add your device to your support profile without a genuine serial number.

I've called twice now. The first time they asked me for the serial number and I just told them I was in the middle of a reboot, hang on, and drug them along a bit while they got some more info from me. Once I explained exactly what I needed, he just said I don't need your serial number for that and proceeded with the unlock.

Today when I called I just straight up told them what I needed, that iMessage activation failed and told me to call with this number. Then I just had to give them the number and get it unlocked, didn't ask for anything but my name and call-back number, but I do have my iPhone setup for VoicePass. It probably helps that I do own 2 iPhones and 2 Apple TV's, which I've linked to my support account and setup my iPhone for VoicePass.

So long as you don't give them the serial number, or if you do and they can't find it, just tell them you aren't at your computer and wrote it down wrong. From my experience once they hear your iMessage isn't activating and you have a code, they just proceed with the unlock. It's been a relatively easy experience, and they have good customer service, very friendly and don't ask too many questions. Just be smart about it, and don't give more info than is necessary. Certainly don't tell them you're calling about a Hackintosh lol.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#post795297

Go to the link and read Step-8: Contacting Apple to remove iMessage Lock-out for tips on contacting Apple. Don't bother trying to add your device to your support profile without a genuine serial number.

I've called twice now. The first time they asked me for the serial number and I just told them I was in the middle of a reboot, hang on, and drug them along a bit while they got some more info from me. Once I explained exactly what I needed, he just said I don't need your serial number for that and proceeded with the unlock.

Today when I called I just straight up told them what I needed, that iMessage activation failed and told me to call with this number. Then I just had to give them the number and get it unlocked, didn't ask for anything but my name and call-back number, but I do have my iPhone setup for VoicePass. It probably helps that I do own 2 iPhones and 2 Apple TV's, which I've linked to my support account and setup my iPhone for VoicePass.

So long as you don't give them the serial number, or if you do and they can't find it, just tell them you aren't at your computer and wrote it down wrong. From my experience once they hear your iMessage isn't activating and you have a code, they just proceed with the unlock. It's been a relatively easy experience, and they have good customer service, very friendly and don't ask too many questions. Just be smart about it, and don't give more info than is necessary. Certainly don't tell them you're calling about a Hackintosh lol.

Will this fix facetime as well ? Because i can't login to facetime. I also don't have a board number or rom installed in smbios , only a serial number generated from the installer. I have tried a working/real serial number from the web and still didn't work. Finding a working board number is difficult. If i don't have a board number will this affect the procedure of activating imessage and facetime?

I also had to call Apple Support to unlock FaceTime and iMessage...it´s the third did i do it in the last 3 months, and never had a problem...the first time i even gave them the fake serial number lol, that they quickly forgot and asked me the error code (now it´s the first thing i always mention)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back