Contribute
Register

iMessage, Facetime and iCloud configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

I plan to pass on Hackintosh soon with Mac OS X El Capitan.

I read many posts on iMessage, Facetime and iCloud fix.

Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems that in condition of using Clover from a clean install, resolves all problems encoutered and it works at 100% even with 2 steps verifications no?

It seems that most of problems come from :
- an update from Yossemite instead of a fresh install
- the fact to not use Clover.
- using of serial already used by another Mac

For the last problem, is it possible that by bad luck, a generate serial could be used one day by a real future Mac or it's impossible? And in that case, the fact to regenerate another combinaison will work with same apple id ?

Thanks.

Merely using Clover to clean install El Capitan is not enough to get iMessage etc. working.

An iDiot's Guide to iMessage, linked above, is the best way to get this going. Take your time and follow the steps carefully and you should have working iMessage/Facetime afterwards.

Yes, it's that I wanted to say, with a cleaning install + this tutorial,it should work at 100%.

And there is a risk that even if I generate a valid random serial that is not used for the moment, it could be used
by luck one day by a future Mac or it will be necessary unique for always?

So the serial generation procedure with Clover configurator has to be done before any configuration of iCloud or appusing iCloud like iMessage, Facetime, AppStore, isn't it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
And after in my Apple account, I will see another computer according to the type of machine I choose, when I generated the serial?

It's maybe a stupid question, but Apple could not call and say that I've a strange machine associated to my Apple account if I call them for a problem with another legacy Mac ?

Thanks.

Merely using Clover to clean install El Capitan is not enough to get iMessage etc. working.

An iDiot's Guide to iMessage, linked above, is the best way to get this going. Take your time and follow the steps carefully and you should have working iMessage/Facetime afterwards.

Yes, So it's recommended in first installation, especially to not try to configure iCloud at all, no?

First, I install Mac OS X, ensure that drivers are good, after this guide for iMessage, Facetime etc... and finally, try to declare my iCloud account. And finally, I will see a new computer declared in my Apple account, isn't it?

Many thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back