Register

iMessage/Facetime after install Sonoma

OK, progress: added AppleIGC.kext and then
Code:
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist
now ethernet correctly shows up in hackintool as en0
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 7.17.11 PM.png

Use Hackintool to dump all the ACPI tables from your system.
Thank you that's much easier! :) ACPI folder attached.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    280.1 KB · Views: 7
OK, I have attached a revised OpenCore EFI below for you to try.

The EFI contains most of the edits I recommended above, except the new USBPorts.kext.

This revised EFI also contains the SSDT's and OC ACPI patches from the 'Results' folder attached below.
This Results folder was generated by Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script and your system DSDT.aml table. Along with a few ACPI > Patches, which I have included in the config.plist.

Assuming you want to try the revised EFI, do the following:
  1. Add your Serial Number to the revised config.plist. Don't make any other changes to the setup.
  2. Copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive.
  3. Boot your system from the pen drive.
    1. Press F12 key when the Gigabyte splash screen appears
    2. This will bring up Bios Boot Menu
    3. Select the UEFI partition for the USB pen drive.
    4. You will know you are booting from the USB's EFI, as you will be using the OC GUI, not the picker list.
  4. Don't replace your current EFI until you are sure the revised EFI works and boots without any issues.
  5. You will need to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you boot with this revised OC setup.
    • Simply boot from the USB pen drive, press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
      • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
    • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
    • Select your USB pen drive from the system Boot Menu again, and
      • This time boot in to macOS using the revised EFI.
Post a photo of the Verbose text if the system kernel panics.

Attachments

• EFI-Filouman.zip
    28 MB · Views: 7
  • Results.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 9
OK, I have attached a revised OpenCore EFI below for you to try.
Thank you so much, the EFI you posted boots beautifully.

I'm not sure which direction to go now– Try to fix USB? Hackintool USB section is now blank, and does not detect when I plug in any devices to follow the guide you posted previously. Edit: Removed SSDT-USB-Reset.aml and I can now see all ports and begin to work on a new USBPorts.kext

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.01.59 PM.png

Here's where I am at now, is this looking better? Stupid question: How to decide which(5) ports I should remove?

Last edited:
Thank you so much, the EFI you posted boots beautifully.

I'm not sure which direction to go now– Try to fix USB? Hackintool USB section is now blank, and does not detect when I plug in any devices to follow the guide you posted previously. Edit: Removed SSDT-USB-Reset.aml and I can now see all ports and begin to work on a new USBPorts.kext

View attachment 576712

Here's where I am at now, is this looking better? Stupid question: How to decide which(5) ports I should remove?
that is up to you which ones you have to sacrifice (obviously not the wifi one!) :)

maybe a couple at the back which you don't need?

Drop any internal USB2 header ports you are not using.

that is up to you which ones you have to sacrifice (obviously not the wifi one!) :)
I want them all! :)
Drop any internal USB2 header ports you are not using.
Done, removed internal USB2 hub, and restricted rear USB3 ports to USB3 only, which brings me down to 15 working ports. So I think I now have a properly configured USB kext.
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 9.35.19 AM.png

Thank you everyone for the help. Learning a lot along the way here, since this is my first hack using OC. I realize we've brought this thread fairly OT at this point!

Which brings me back to the original problem... Messages and Facetime are still stuck in the same state as before :crazy:

I want them all! :)
You need an AMD system for that!

AMD motherboards tend to have more than one USB controller and each controller is able to activate 15 x USB ports.

Back