Contribute
Register

iMessage Broken after Yosemite Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
same.
I've been playing with clover the past few hours with no success.

if someone could post a clover guide for 10.10 I love you long time!!

Is it possible to simply delete /Extra and install clover? Or does it require a fresh install?

The 10.9 Clover guide works fine for 10.10 The only difference is you put your kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.10 instead of 10.9

While I don't know for sure, it shouldn't be required to start over. Just gotta put FakeSMC on the EFI partition rather than in /S/L/E.

Confirmed. Simply following the guide (I started on step 4), and Imessage is working perfectly. I did receive the contact support with customer code error code, but I had gotten that before with chameleon also (I just assume that I have changed my serial number too much). After calling apple, everything was fixed. But clover worked beautifully outside of the box, as with chameleon, I would just get the generic "could not log into imessage, try again" which signals that the nvram is messed up.

FileNVRAM.dylib does not work in Yosemite. It needs an update, and then iMessage will be fixed. The source is now available if anyone wants to mess around:

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/modules/FileNVRAM/include

That appears to be only the make file and the header file, not the actual source code for the Dynamic Link library. FileNVRAM.dylib is still in binary. Could it be hiding in another branch of the Chameleon code?

https://public.xzenue.com/websvn/log.php?repname=FileNVRAM&path=/trunk/kext/FileNVRAM/&isdir=1&

Changes look promising. Even when file was working, it never worked right for me because it always regenerated new MLB/ROM values, since it would try to read them too early and fail every time. I had to switch to clover to fix imessage even on 10.9.5. it seems not only is it being worked on again for 10.10, but THAT problem is being worked on too with far more aggressive attempts to read before regenerating plist on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back