Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've been using iMessage and Facetime successfully for literally years on my Hack. Same Serial numbers/type and all across many upgrades. Recently iMessage and Facetime just stopped working. I did change my apple password recently. Maybe that has to do with it? Messages go green (not blue) and then stop all together with a 'can't authenticate' error. I'm running 10.15.4 and followed the idiots guide a number of years ago to a T. I changed my serial to try and see if somehow it was blacklisted. After I changed the serial number, iMessage worked again but for only a day.

Is something new going on at Apple where they are checking compatibility now after a password change? I have real macs and they are all fine with the same account.

-gh

Hmmm, it seems that Hemon was on the right track. I just upgraded from 5107 to 5109, and iMessage/Facetime are working. I didn't change any kexts or my model number 18,3. -gh

Now it "seems" to work 100%. I can now use iMessage and FaceTime.

I made this:

– Update to Clover 5109 (newest version).
– Deleted "EmuVariableUefi.efi" since I noticed that I don't need it with my motherboard.
– Changed from iMac 14,2 to iMac 15,1.

I will update the post if I have again problems.

Thanks!

Ugh, unfortunately it stopped working again. Seems Apple is doing something to reject authentication after a day or so. Sigh...

Seems Apple is doing something to reject authentication after a day or so.
Nonsense.

Your symptoms are typical of what happens when native NVRAM support or emulation of it is missing.
Suggest you test for that first.

Ok, that sounds promising.

The instructions on page 1 of the 10.15.4 update say update Clover to 5107+ using MultiBeast. I tried this and couldn't figure it out to just update Clover. Sigh. Is there a post somewhere that explains exactly how to update Clover to include Emulated NVRAM prior to an upgrade?

So what I did was used Clover Configurator to update to 5109 and I'm guessing it didn't install the Emulated NVRAM version.

Thanks in advance for helping! -gh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back