Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess some things you can figure out by yourself by trial and error. I already dedicated today quite some time to your thing and I have to do now something in real life also.

Try to to find the reason for the remaining issues on your system and else have fun while playing with MaciASL and other stuff ;)
haha you are right!! :)

Thank you and Ill come back with results!! Have fun ^^

@kgp I could disassemble AML using iasl in terminal and edit DSL in MaciASL. I replace your code and when I try to compile, that happens:

If I delete these 2 lines, I can compile, and after save it as ACPI Machine Language Binary with .aml extensions, I install it in clover and after restart fans are OK, but I dont see hda in PCI list:

We can check it tomorrow when you have time, dont worry :)

About BT, cable are perfectly connected. I repluged it to be sure, and its ok. Im using this combo https://www.ebay.es/itm/Hackintosh-WiFi-Card-PCi-E-Broadcom-BCM94360-802-11a-b-g-n-ac-BT-4-2/142958986420?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 provided by @izo1 . And yesterday, with gtx 1080 connected, it worked.

And about istat menu, if I clic in CPU bars in menu, the gpu temps seems to be OK, but not the GPU Die in "sensors temperature" in menu:

Ive test with heaven graphic test and during thest, the RADEON RX VEGA 64 8GB ups to 77º and 1,59ghz of core clock, so, its fine :)

Sleep doesnt work too. If I go to sleep (today and yesterday same results btw), it wakes instantly and sleep again, and I have to unplug cable from PSU and reconnect to turn on again. Because if I dont unplug the PSU, then the "power" button just tries to wake from sleep, and bucle. :( Any clue @kgp ?

And thank you again!

Last edited:
Hi KPG !

First thanks a lot for all your work. I just turn hackintosh and your guide help me a lot to enter this new world… If I haven’t found your guide maybe I didn’t try the journey.

I have quite the same config. X299 deluxe, i9 7920X, GTi 1080Ti.

My system run pretty fine, it crash sometimes with simple app. like text edit and Chrome running. At the contrary, it's really ok with heavy app like AVID and ADOBE. I am a video editor and I still have some problems with the video files conversion in H264. But when I use GPU metal instead of Open CL, it looks alright.

My biggest problem at the moment as a lot of hackintosh users is this eternal thunderbolt HotPlugg on my Thunderbolt EX3 card. It’s in the same emplacement as yours… PCI EX_3

Works very fine when it’s plugged at boot… but impossible after… windows EFI is ok and all drivers have been installed. As I am a professional video editor, I need to hot plug hard drives all the time.

The USB_C works fine but not the thunderbolt.
My PCI configuration looks well implemented in my system informations. All my kext except FakeSMC are installed in my Library/Extension. They were in my Clover/Kext/Other before... but it change nothing.

I still have a doubt on my install concerning xcpm_core_scope_msrs. I forgot to activate it and KernelPm before the installation… I still don’t understand if I must disabled or activate it now.

The only thing I changed in the BIOS is CSM. I activated the CSM because it was the only solution I found to allowed my 2 monitors plugged to my Nvidia to work at boot. If it’s disabled, it’s a black screen !!! With only one it works ok but I need to plug the second one when the system is fully loaded witch is very inconvenient. If it's disabled, HotPlug don't work anyway.

If you could help me, it would very very cool, I start to be desperate !

Wish you the best and once again thanks for all your work.

Seb.

Attachments

• SEB_DOC.zip
    41.7 MB · Views: 168
reading posts, I finally activate the west patch and disable the CSM in the bios... I have my dual screen at boot. Still thunderbolt problem persist...
PS: By the way,I didn't implement Airport and bluetooth because I don't need it. I only use the Ethernet connections.
Best.
Seb.

Talking about your problem caused by our tests is not at all polluting this thread. It is a must!

See e.g.

or

Thank you for the links. Unfortunately, searching a bit some interesting pieces with a decent price ended with shipping cost and customs (added automatically by eBay on checkout) to be about the same a buying it new here (in France).
I will wait for now and think about that as I may want to just go with the Z170 or build something totally new in a while.

Meanwhile, I discovered that not only the X99 motherboard is dead, but so is the PSU as the Z170 motherboard would not start either. With my other PSU, it starts (could not boot to bios yet, but not done setting that up).
However, with the working PSU on the X99, nothing (I double checked).

So for some weird reason this USB misplacement killed PSU and motherboard. This definitely should not happen as USB ports are supposed to be able to take a shortcut.

Anyway, anyone with an Asus X99 motherboard, please be careful with your USB ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
macOS 10.14.3 SU (18D109)

Successful vanilla update from 10.13.4.

EFI-X99-10.14.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020219 and implemented XCPM performance and USB port limit patches (if enabled at all) still fully valid also for 10.14.3 SU (18D109).

Enjoy and have fun,

First steps with a MSI Radeon VII under macOS 10.14.3 (18D42) and 10.14.3 SU (18D109)

See post #1,646

Not happy with the Z170, the motherboard I have is very instable. Miss the X99...
Changing everything to work with the Z170 is too time consuming. I waisted already enough time with that.

Just ordered a second hand Asrock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 for 200 EUR. Looks like a good mobo.
Hope my CPU is fine. Hopefully, it won't be to hard and it is an X99 platform.

Edit: the seller on Amazon was not serious, my order was cancelled and he apparently wants to sell out of Amazon; I don't trust that. More frustrations... But I am looking for another second hand X99 board. Will keep you posted...

Edit2: just won a MSI X99A XPOWER AC on eBay for less than EUR 150 including shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
@kgp I could disassemble AML using iasl in terminal and edit DSL in MaciASL. I replace your code and when I try to compile, that happens: View attachment 385430

If I delete these 2 lines, I can compile, and after save it as ACPI Machine Language Binary with .aml extensions, I install it in clover and after restart fans are OK, but I dont see hda in PCI list:

View attachment 385431

We can check it tomorrow when you have time, dont worry :)

About BT, cable are perfectly connected. I repluged it to be sure, and its ok. Im using this combo https://www.ebay.es/itm/Hackintosh-WiFi-Card-PCi-E-Broadcom-BCM94360-802-11a-b-g-n-ac-BT-4-2/142958986420?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 provided by @izo1 . And yesterday, with gtx 1080 connected, it worked.

And about istat menu, if I clic in CPU bars in menu, the gpu temps seems to be OK, but not the GPU Die in "sensors temperature" in menu:
View attachment 385433View attachment 385435
Ive test with heaven graphic test and during thest, the RADEON RX VEGA 64 8GB ups to 77º and 1,59ghz of core clock, so, its fine :)

Sleep doesnt work too. If I go to sleep (today and yesterday same results btw), it wakes instantly and sleep again, and I have to unplug cable from PSU and reconnect to turn on again. Because if I dont unplug the PSU, then the "power" button just tries to wake from sleep, and bucle. :( Any clue @kgp ?

And thank you again!

Check parenthesis and errors within your code when updating the SSDT. With implemented errors the SSDT won't save.

Obviously you should not delete the two lines. Due to some still remaining errors in your code, HDAU in this case is not implemented under PCI.

Concerning BT, I already did everything possible from my side and I cannot provide further help. Given your system configuration it should work. Even the ARPT PCI driver is properly loaded and implemented under "PCI" and BT/WIFI in principle should even work natively without any ARPT-SSDT implemented, always provided that you use an adequate BT/WIFI Combo-Adapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back