Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't do Flashback, nothing happens.

The connectors are 2 separate 5 pins. Can be plugged either way orientation, no indication. I think I did it wrong.
If only I could know what fried, but I can't find anything.

That's really bad luck and very, very unfortunate.. :rolleyes:

Yes you will need Whatevergreen and if possible you should also adopt and implement at least HDEF.SSDT+Vega.SSDT+DTPG.SSDT subsequently. If you use ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext, you do not need to active any USB port limit patches. Hibernationfixup.kext is not required either and TSCAdjustReset.kext is compulsory anyway. Else, EFI-X99-10.14.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020219 should work OoB.
Ok!! Should I install Vega 64 after update, and update to mojave from 10.13.6 SU? Or stay with nvidia and change after update? I want to avoid boot problems.

Ok!! Should I install Vega 64 after update, and update to mojave from 10.13.6 SU? Or stay with nvidia and change after update? I want to avoid boot problems.

Vega works under 10.13.6 and 10.14. Nvidia doesn‘t. Thus why to update with Nvidia? Backup your system disk in any case!

That's really bad luck and very, very unfortunate.. :rolleyes:
Yes, that is very unfortunate... Did not even need those USB ports.
I am surprised that a short on the USB port would kill the motherboard.

Maybe it can be fixed, but I don't know how. When the motherboard is powered, only the internal power and reset buttons are lit. The USB ports (all of them) are not powered (usually they are when the computer is off but powered [aka plugged]). Too bad there are no fuses to protect.

For now, I will install a Z170 motherboard that I have with a i5 6600K to have a working desktop. Will think and search to see how to fix the X99Deluxe motherboard if possible, and check if my 5820k died or not. Will have to figure out hackintosh on the Z170, so used with the X99! Not sure there is such a good guide as yours for it. Will do one maybe if I find the time...

Yes, that is very unfortunate... Did not even need those USB ports.
I am surprised that a short on the USB port would kill the motherboard.

Maybe it can be fixed, but I don't know how. When the motherboard is powered, only the internal power and reset buttons are lit. The USB ports (all of them) are not powered (usually they are when the computer is off but powered [aka plugged]). Too bad there are no fuses to protect.

For now, I will install a Z170 motherboard that I have with a i5 6600K to have a working desktop. Will think and search to see how to fix the X99Deluxe motherboard if possible, and check if my 5820k died or not. Will have to figure out hackintosh on the Z170, so used with the X99! Not sure there is such a good guide as yours for it. Will do one maybe if I find the time...

I guess my guide would be also valid for Z170, considering a few necessary adaptations. But that's actually not the problem.

You already lost already warranty for the apparently faulty X99 motherboard?

Otherwise, you might simply get a replacement.

I would not see any reason why a possible USB shortcut on your motherboard would also damage your CPU and RAM.. Let's not assume the worse case for now..

In the worse case you could look for a used X99 motherboard on Ebay. You should be able to find something really cheap.

Please keep me up to date in this issue.

All the best,

KGP

Bought this computer (all parts) in 2015. Tried the ASUS warranty check and it says it is too old for repair.
Thought of an used X99 motherboard, not so cheap but did not try eBay. And new ones are more expensive than what I paid then (crazy considering it 2011-3 as no future developments).

Will keep you posted (maybe elsewhere to not pollute this thread).

Bought this computer (all parts) in 2015. Tried the ASUS warranty check and it says it is too old for repair.
Thought of an used X99 motherboard, not so cheap but did not try eBay. And new ones are more expensive than what I paid then (crazy considering it 2011-3 as no future developments).

Will keep you posted (maybe elsewhere to not pollute this thread).

Talking about your problem caused by our tests is not at all polluting this thread. It is a must!

See e.g.

or

Hi @kgp Everything is workin on 10.14.3, vega 64 and USB too.

But I have a problem, GPU temps are 86c all time and fans are at max speed all time.

I've added your ssdt at all.

I've tried too with RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext from here https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=8 , now fans are normal and quiet, but still
86 degrees in istat menu, maybe that app has a problem or the monitor kexts from fakesmc dont work with vega 64.
How can I fix it? Im using this model: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0781VL2HB/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

BTW, @izo1 @kgp bluetooth is not working with combo wifi+bt. Wifi is working ok, but bluetooth doesnt connect to anything: mouse, keyboard or headphones. So weird!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.4 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hi @kgp Everything is workin on 10.14.3, vega 64 and USB too.

But I have a problem, GPU temps are 86c all time and fans are at max speed all time.

I've added your ssdt at all.

I've tried too with RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext from here https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=8 , now fans are normal and quiet, but stillView attachment 385340 86 degrees in istat menu, maybe that app has a problem or the monitor kexts from fakesmc dont work with vega 64.
How can I fix it? Im using this model: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0781VL2HB/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

BTW, @izo1 @kgp bluetooth is not working with combo wifi+bt. Wifi is working ok, but bluetooth doesnt connect to anything: mouse, keyboard or headphones. So weird!View attachment 385346View attachment 385347

Hmm.. seems you just copied all SSDTs without any adaptations. Those which are compliant with onboard devices work. But all others fail. Also you use SSDTs you should not use at all because you do not have such devices: e.g. SSDT-X99-X540-T1.aml, SSDT-X99-TB3HP.aml, SSDT-X99-P2EI0G-2T.aml, SSDT-X99-ACQU.aml..

Then you use two Vega SSDTs at the same time: i.e. SSDT-X99-Vega-Fontier.aml and SSDT-X99-Vega64.aml, which is simply a no go by definition ;). In addition you use the RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext, which is not meant to be used in line with any Vega SSDT.

Either use SSDT-X99-Vega64.aml and remove the power table implementation, if you are not content with the implemented OC settings, or just use RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext, if you think that this is the better approach.

However, never use two Vega SSDTs or any kext in addition. Following your PCI snapshot, in consequence none of the Vega SSDTs is loaded at boot. Just use one with the correct ACPI path and ACPI replacements for your system and slot configuration or just use the kext only, or neither use any Vega SSDT nor Vega kext at all.

Some final advise: It is better not to use any SSDT instead of implementing SSDTs which are not needed or not properly adopted.

I hope this helps somewhat, my friend..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back