Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) Converter from USB3 to USB2? What for? Why don't you simply use your USB3.0 flash drive in some USB3.0 or USB2.0 port?

2.) It seems that despite all friendly attempts in requesting some useful information to work with (again see beginning of section C.) of my guide to which information I am actually referring), you continue posting basically useless screenshots and information, my friend...

1) trying to avoid some problems. If its not a problem, i remove it and just use the usb3.0 pen in a 3.0 port. I dont have 2.0 ports.

2) thank you. I will do it again. Sorry, im trying my best. Its the 1st time doing this.

Reactions: kgp
Thank you! I made some changes and used the lastest efi folder.
Now im stuck in a different place.
Im using an adapter to convert from usb3 to 2.0.
Do i need a kext for the graphics card to install the os?

Thank you
View attachment 384376
Hello croc1,
As KGP mentioned, you give us too little information about your setup, therefore we are unable to help.
Your question about the graphic card is answered in the guide that is very detailed. Please take the time to read and follow the guide point by point. If you are struggling to understand a part of the guide, please precise which part and what it is you don't understand.

Reactions: kgp
Why don't u simply change the USB port number for HS12 from "0" to "255" within the kext? BTW.. it is definitely not "3", as this would imply that HS12 is assigned to a USB3.0 connector/header for USB2.0 backwards compatibility...

I really don't understand all your deviations and complications because of a simple necessary change of a digit from "0" to "255" within a kext... o_O

And what you should not do at all is using USBInjectAll.kext in line with KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext!

You can use USBInjectAll.kext in line with a SSDT, but if you are not able to change a simple digit within a kext, will you be able to derive the necessary SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, where you have to start with the port definition even from scratch?

I also do not understand why you did not ask me for help now or before!! o_O

Below the kext with you desired modification!

Good luck,

KGP

Dude relax haha.

@alexmenn, yes use 255 for HS12 (your internal onboard header) with that Wi-Fi/BT card.

Works perfect on my end.

Dude relax haha.

@alexmenn, yes use 255 for HS12 (your internal onboard header) with that Wi-Fi/BT card.

Works perfect on my end.

There are two internal USB2.0 headers on the ASUS X99-A II.

USB1112 with HS11 and HS12 and USB1314 with HS13 and HS14. It depends to which internal USB2.0 header and HS port the BT USB cable is connected. Usually one would assign 255 to either HS11 and HS12 or HS13 and HS14.

Upon his request, I just assigned for him 255 to HS12 and attached respective XHC USB kext for him in post #545.

Up and successfully running macOS 10.14.4 Beta2 (18E184e).

EFI-X99-10.14.4-Beta1-Release-iMacPro1,1-020219 and implemtented XCPM performance and USB port limit patches (if enabled at all) still valid also for macOS 10.14.4 Beta2 (18E184e).

Enjoy and have fun,

Hello @kgp Finally I changed my 1080p for a vega 64, this one: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0781VL2HB/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

I have EFI folder ready to update to mojave tomorrow, just I dont understand at all if my VEGA 64 will work OOB or not. I have dual display, one 2k and one fullhd, not 4k. I have added whatevergreen to kext, but I dont know if its neccesary or not.

I've downloaded your latest 10.14.3 efi folder and copy/pasted these kext: Hibernationfixup.kext, KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext (modified with hs11 and hs12 usb with "255", you know), TSCAdjustReset.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

After update, I will activate the 3 usb port limit patches on clover.

Am I forgetting something?

Attachments

• EFI 10.14.3.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 72
Hello @kgp Finally I changed my 1080p for a vega 64, this one: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0781VL2HB/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

I have EFI folder ready to update to mojave tomorrow, just I dont understand at all if my VEGA 64 will work OOB or not. I have dual display, one 2k and one fullhd, not 4k. I have added whatevergreen to kext, but I dont know if its neccesary or not.

I've downloaded your latest 10.14.3 efi folder and copy/pasted these kext: Hibernationfixup.kext, KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext (modified with hs11 and hs12 usb with "255", you know), TSCAdjustReset.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

After update, I will activate the 3 usb port limit patches on clover.

Am I forgetting something?

Yes you will need Whatevergreen and if possible you should also adopt and implement at least HDEF.SSDT+Vega.SSDT+DTPG.SSDT subsequently. If you use ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext, you do not need to active any USB port limit patches. Hibernationfixup.kext is not required either and TSCAdjustReset.kext is compulsory anyway. Else, EFI-X99-10.14.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020219 should work OoB.

Got the USB2 tool today. Plugged it, then plugged a flashdrive... Fryed my motherboard (instant turn off, no smoke or spark, just went off as soon as I plugged the device).
Unable to restart it at all. PSU seems all right, tried another one, same problem. Mobo is lit-up but unresponsive to boot (no error code, nothing happens). Tried reset the CMOS, remove and put back memory, CPU, etc... No luck.
I must have put it the wrong way (wrong orientation) and created a short.
This EUR 3 tool killed the mb, possibly the CPU and the memory :( No way to know.
Just read horror stories about people not able to start their X99 Deluxe or other Asus X99 mobos.

Not sure what to do now... Get another X99 mb hoping the CPU and the memory is fine, or just forget about the whole thing...

Sorry, it seems that I won't be able to provide you with the USB layout.

Got the USB2 tool today. Plugged it, then plugged a flashdrive... Fryed my motherboard (instant turn off, no smoke or spark, just went off as soon as I plugged the device).
Unable to restart it at all. PSU seems all right, tried another one, same problem. Mobo is lit-up but unresponsive to boot (no error code, nothing happens). Tried reset the CMOS, remove and put back memory, CPU, etc... No luck.
I must have put it the wrong way (wrong orientation) and created a short.
This EUR 3 tool killed the mb, possibly the CPU and the memory :( No way to know.
Just read horror stories about people not able to start their X99 Deluxe or other Asus X99 mobos.

Not sure what to do now... Get another X99 mb hoping the CPU and the memory is fine, or just forget about the whole thing...

Sorry, it seems that I won't be able to provide you with the USB layout.

very sorry to hear that.. usually it is impossible to connect an internal USB2.0 connector the wrong way to the onboard USB2.0 header. :|

Did you try to reflash the BIOS with EZ Flashback?

very sorry to hear that.. usually it is impossible to connect an internal USB2.0 connector the wrong way to the onboard USB2.0 header. :|

Did you try to reflash the BIOS with EZ Flashback?
Can't do Flashback, nothing happens.

The connectors are 2 separate 5 pins. Can be plugged either way orientation, no indication. I think I did it wrong.
If only I could know what fried, but I can't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back