Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
When on Mavericks I was using Imac 14,2 profile which showed correctly in About This Mac (27"). After updating to Yosemite I had sleep issues (since resolved). While trouble shooting I briefly updated to Imac 15,2. When I that had no impact on sleep (no surprise there) I put it back to Imac 14,2. Now About This Mac shows as 21.5" (no big deal) and I can no longer boot using kernel cache (no sure if that's a big deal).

Ideas?

Looks like I solved the cache part. My Boot Mode Seletion in BIOS was set to "UEFI and Legacy" from some Clover experimenting I was doing. When I set it back to Legacy Only (my setting prior to fiddling with Clover) then I could boot with kernal cache = Yes.

About This Mac still shows 21.5" instead of 27" but as far as I can tell that's just cosmetic.

i have the same "problem" with the small imac.

i think it has to do with the newest multibeast, in an older version i had the 27".

but...anyway its no imac :p

I think I have the cosmetic part solved. The last four bytes of the serial number are used to look up the description in com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist. There appear to be two entries for F8J2 (the last four bytes of my serial number). The first one is for 21.5" and the second is for 27". It must be just using the first one it finds. I'm not sure if you can change the key but you can certainly change the string as per other About This Mac mod guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back