Graphics
Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey I'm just wondering. When the new iMac's come out presumably tomorrow, and when we inevitably receive the new update and I imagine the new kernel update as well that will add support for speed step, will we be able to simply update to it or will we have to re-install?

Thanks.

Or maybe it'll arrive a new iMac installation DVD like it happens with new MacBook Pro.
Better is going to an Apple Store and see what new iMac has for our hack ;)

Yeah I meant to say if a public update is released, would we be able to simply update like we did with 10.6.7 or would a re-install be necessary. I think we should be able to just update though.

mrmojorisin17 said:
New iMac come with OS X 10.6.6 (Build 10J4026).

Strange, but that brings up and interesting question... Can you update the new iMacs to 10.6.7? If so, shouldn't there be a custom 10.6.7 update for the SB iMacs (like with the 2011 MBPs)?

Will somebody buy a new iMac, then find a bug real quick?
Report the bug, and return the iMac to the store because of the bug/s. For example, see if sleep/hibernate works.
Tony, do you want to volunteer? :lol:
:headbang:

AlphaOne said:
Will somebody buy a new iMac, then find a bug real quick?
Report the bug, and return the iMac to the store because of the bug/s. For example, see if sleep/hibernate works.
Tony, do you want to volunteer? :lol:
:headbang:

Maybe someone can just walk into the Apple Store, and send that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagament.kext (or whatever the proper name is) from new iMac to his email? ;)
This could be done with a command like this (didn't check it):

tar zc /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext | uuencode -m AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.tgz | sendmail [email protected]

Or you can simply archive it and send the usual way... )
Is it what we need?

I don't buy a new iMac.
It comes out with SL 10.6.6 and think that soon it'll come out a 10.6.7 update that will be good for all us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back