Graphics
nvdia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a gigabyte z77-ds3h mobo with a sandy bridge i5 2500 and for the past couple days ive been trying to get snow leopard to install with no avail just kernel errors, i finally read a thread saying that z77 board aren't compatible with snow leopard since they are so new...but they work fine with lion. My problem is how can i get lion? i dont have osx so i cant purchase and download it from the mac app store but even if i can get it i dont have the mac installer app ....is it possible to do a clean install of lion w/o snow leopard...what are my options do i have to replace my mobo or do i have to buy the expensive $70 apple usb version of osx lion

bear with me people first time hackintosh :banghead:

Well, do you know anyone that has a mac, so you can just purchase Lion for the app store and make a Unibeast drive, or you could buy the Apple Version of the USb thumb drive, but you will still need a Mac to install Unibeast.

Minituff said:
Well, do you know anyone that has a mac, so you can just purchase Lion for the app store and make a Unibeast drive, or you could buy the Apple Version of the USb thumb drive, but you will still need a Mac to install Unibeast.

no i dont know anyone off hand that has a mac....so if i cant find anyone does that mean my only option is to replace my motherboard since i cant use unibeast either??

The problem might not be getting lion, the problem might be that you are not installing Mac os right, this motherboard was referred to work by tonyMac himself, so why would he choose a board that won't boot from Iboot, Can you go into detail on the problems you are getting on the installation?

Minituff said:
The problem might not be getting lion, the problem might be that you are not installing Mac os right, this motherboard was referred to work by tonyMac himself, so why would he choose a board that won't boot from Iboot, Can you go into detail on the problems you are getting on the installation?

when i use iboot and replace it with the snow leopard dvd it goes haywire on the grey screen with the apple with kernel panics....so i figured its because i have sandy bridge so i used iboot legacy and that time it doesnt do anything wierd, i get a grey screen with apple and a loading symbol underneath and it does that for like 2 mins and then my computer just shuts off and restarts.....

Did you try booting with "-v" to see whats causing the Kernel Panic

Minituff said:
Did you try booting with "-v" to see whats causing the Kernel Panic
when i did that a bunch of stuff came up that i dont understand but at the end this one kept on replaying itself: "refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCFamily

Is there any way you can get a picture of it?

Attachments

• IMG-20120618-00213.jpg
    IMG-20120618-00213.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG-20120618-00211.jpg
    IMG-20120618-00211.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG-20120618-00214.jpg
    IMG-20120618-00214.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
It looks like an issue with VoodoHDA and IOaudioFamily, did you manage to get OSX installed before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back