Contribute
Register

I'm so close! El Cap installed but Clover doesn't want to install on my SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z87E-ITX
CPU
Core i7 4770K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've got a working install of El Cap now, but I need to boot with the USB installer, otherwise my SSD isn't recognized as bootable. I ran the Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pgk, as well as CustoMac Essentials.pkg. The clover package said it installed successfully, but if I reboot without the USB installer plugged in, I can't boot anymore (it tells me to insert a valid bootable drive, even if I manually select my OS X drive to boot from).

EDIT: My motherboard is an ASRock Z87E-ITX: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/
Running an a Samsung Evo 850 SSD, with a GTX 780 Ti.

Also, trying to install the ALC audio script produces the following output, which may be a clue as to what went wrong...?

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0f
EFI partition is not mounted
Confirm Clover Legacy Install (y/n): n
User terminated, EFI partition/folder not mounted
“Mount EFI partition and Restart“
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I get similar output if I tell it to confirm legacy install (which I think would be incorrect anyway since I installed with UEFI... right?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EFI partition is not mounted. Mount manually or use clover configurator to mount.

EFI partition is not mounted. Mount manually or use clover configurator to mount.

Thanks.. But what do I do after that? Do you mean mount it before installing Clover? (I just tried doing that and still have the same results).

For what it's worth, when I run the clover install pkg file, I see the efi partition show up in my devices in Finder.

I hope bumps are allowed here, because I'm completely stumped and a little desperate. :)

I hope bumps are allowed here, because I'm completely stumped and a little desperate. :)

Are you installing on the X58 Sabertooth? Be aware this board does not support UEFI booting and you must select legacy install for Clover to the SSD/HDD.
You then have a Clover EFI folder in root the same way you used to have a /Extra folder in root. They serve the same purpose.

Are you installing on the X58 Sabertooth? Be aware this board does not support UEFI booting and you must select legacy install for Clover to the SSD/HDD.
You then have a Clover EFI folder in root the same way you used to have a /Extra folder in root. They serve the same purpose.

Hey thanks for the reply -- can't believe I forgot to put my setup in the OP.

No it's not the X58 Sabertooth (funny enough though I used to have one of those, and it was a PITA to install OSX on, I remember), it is an ASRock Z87E-ITX, which I believe supports UEFI booting:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/

OK, separate problems.

For the won't boot without USB problem: It sounds like Clover is not installed properly on the system drive. Try re-running the Clover UEFI installer, and if it gives you the option, make sure you pick the system drive to install to.

If that still doesn't work, download Clover from scratch. Install it and then replace the contents of the system EFI partition with the contents from the USB EFI partition using the procedure here (under "Post-Install Configuration")

For the won't install audio drivers problem: The script said that your EFI partition wasn't mounted. The solution is to mount the EFI partition and re-run the script. Something like this:
Code:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

If you're not sure which disk ID to use in that command, try "diskutil list" and look for the EFI partition just before your system partition and read the ID on the far right.

Once that is done you should see an EFI drive in Finder. Then you can re-run the audio script.

OK, separate problems.

For the won't boot without USB problem: It sounds like Clover is not installed properly on the system drive. Try re-running the Clover UEFI installer, and if it gives you the option, make sure you pick the system drive to install to.

If that still doesn't work, download Clover from scratch. Install it and then replace the contents of the system EFI partition with the contents from the USB EFI partition using the procedure here (under "Post-Install Configuration")

For the won't install audio drivers problem: The script said that your EFI partition wasn't mounted. The solution is to mount the EFI partition and re-run the script. Something like this:
Code:

If you're not sure which disk ID to use in that command, try "diskutil list" and look for the EFI partition just before your system partition and read the ID on the far right.

Once that is done you should see an EFI drive in Finder. Then you can re-run the audio script.

Thank you so much! I will try this out ASAP when I get home from work and report back. :)

OK, separate problems.

Code:

Thanks for the suggestions, but no luck. :\ I was able to mount both the HDD and USB EFI partitions and copy over the contents to the HDD partition, but upon rebooting without the USB drive plugged in, my motherboard doesn't think the HDD is bootable.

Did you re-install Clover to the system drive before copying the EFI contents? If not, first re-install Clover to system drive, then copy EFI contents from USB EFI to system drive EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back