Graphics
HD4000/Nvidia660m-hybrid
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a MSI B75MA-P45 with a XFX 6670 2GB version and basically the normal hard drive and memory. I have run into problems and this is the first time I am using a msi brand for a Hackintosh install. (I usually use Gigabyte). I just liked the MSI board’s price & features. I have a 10.8.2 usb install drive and at first it would always kernel panic before the installation began, then I messed with bios, basically trial and error until it did not kernel panic. Now it will attempt to go into the install procedure but it will give me a random beach ball spin and won’t stop. I thought the Xfx was the problem. I took it out and tried the built in Gpu on the I7 2600 I do not have the K series, just I7 2600. Booted with built in GPU same results. Now I am wondering what method of choices in the MSI bios will I have to use? I have seen some people with this board and have it running OSX ML. I tried to boot the usb installer in safe mode. It worked and I installed OSX ML 10.8.2 fine. I tried to boot it normally; the circle just keeps spinning, and does nothing. Furthermore when I created the Unibeast installer I removed the Ati 6000 kext as someone said on this site to do that, then booted the usb installer –f GraphicsEnabler=No boot ignore caches and that did not work as well. The only way I can get into OSX 10.8.2 is in safe mode. Is there anyone who has this board that can guide me with the right settings? Thank you to all who read my post and have a Happy Holiday.

Thank you and I will flash, One more question about xfx 6670 should I refer to the person who said to remobe the ati 6000 kext and then replace with multibeast when all is done? You a Saint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back