Contribute
Register

Im lost i cant find what i need anyways (need to power a molex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
iMac
CPU
Graphics
1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Right...im trying to find a connection to power this fan which is connected up to a molex.

photo.JPG
I am looking to take one sata connection and have a SATA to Molex connection so i can power it. - All i seem to find is a Molex connection to power a sata - please help...im going mental

Most PSUs have at least a few molex plugs, and that connector is designed to fit on without using up the port.
But I guess your problem could be a "geographical" one within the case, with only SATA power in that area?

A quick Google for "sata to molex power adapter" brought up lots of suitable options for me. Top one was at DealExtreme, while searching at NewEgg brought up at least one more option.
They're out there.

Ah...All my molex connections are powering my SATA drives in the drive caddies, its like a block of five sata drives powered by 3 molex.

but ill take a look at your link thanks...ah...just taken a look...I need male to male! lol

Are you sure? That fan adapter has male and female ends. :silent:

im not any more no...so your saying on the other side of that female connection is a male one? #facepalm #epicfail

I have wasted a whole (nearly) working day trying to find a male to male! LOLz ok i feel stoopid now...as i have about 2 M sata to F molex connectors at home

it was 6am when i took that photo, i was sleepy lol:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back