2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi all,

Haven't been around in a while which means all has been working great. So, I violated one of my golden rules in computing, which is 'never mess with your computer in the middle of a project', well I did and now I can't work until I get this fixed.

I updated to 10.8.4 and ran the 6.0 version of Probook installer. When I rebooted, my desktop is now 4 desktops. 4 working menubars, cursors, docks and all, but so small I can barely read whats on the screen. I downloaded probook 6.1 and ran, but no change. As far as I know everything else is working, but I haven't been able to actually use yet, so I don't know of any other issues now.

Can someone tell me how to fix the display so I have 1 fullscreen desktop and I can go back to work. I looking for my panic button right now.

Hi all,

Haven't been around in a while which means all has been working great. So, I violated one of my golden rules in computing, which is 'never mess with your computer in the middle of a project', well I did and now I can't work until I get this fixed.

I updated to 10.8.4 and ran the 6.0 version of Probook installer. When I rebooted, my desktop is now 4 desktops. 4 working menubars, cursors, docks and all, but so small I can barely read whats on the screen. I downloaded probook 6.1 and ran, but no change. As far as I know everything else is working, but I haven't been able to actually use yet, so I don't know of any other issues now.

Can someone tell me how to fix the display so I have 1 fullscreen desktop and I can go back to work. I looking for my panic button right now.

Sounds like a DSDT issue. You probably selected the wrong one when you ran ProBook Installer v6.

Remove your DSDT from /Extra/dsdt.aml, reboot, and regenerate using ProBook Installer v6.1 DSDT options. Be sure to read the guide carefully and select one option from each of the first three groups so a DSDT is created.

I'm assuming you do not have 1080p upgraded screen...

Thanks RehabMan,

Ok removed the dsdt.ami and rebooted and now I can't boot. Both normal boot and safe mode boot both freeze the computer with the gear still on the screen.

I'm more hosed than ever now.

I wish I had the 1080p screen, but no I don't. I also don't have my boot thumb drive anymore. I bought a new one just for this hackintosh project and with probably just a few more than a dozen inserts and extracts, the board pushed into the case and is no longer functional. Both Best Buy and PNY would not take back without a receipt, which I failed to keep. Screw them both! Sorry, but that felt good...

Thanks RehabMan,

Ok removed the dsdt.ami and rebooted and now I can't boot. Both normal boot and safe mode boot both freeze the computer with the gear still on the screen.

It is DSDT.AML not DSDT.AMI, but I assume that was just a typo.

It sounds like your system is really messed up and you're probably going to need a fresh install.
The ProBook 4530s boots fine without DSDT.

You might try safe mode "-x". And also boot without caches "-f"

Thanks for the assist...

I'm under a deadline crunch and don't have time to fiddle with the computer right now. I had to yank the hard drive to get my project off and is now apart on my dinning room table until I have time. I was just getting ready to shop around for an SSD for it, so I may wait a few weeks before doing anything and redo everything on a new drive.

The update to 10.8.3 went off without a hitch which persuaded me to do the update. I do know better, and must have lapsed into a momentary episode of insanity. I lost quite a bit of work time that I couldn't afford. Where's the dunce cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back