Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, I'm trying to build a CustoMac mini from the basic setup that was listed, i.e. i3, Gigabyte H61N with the F3 firmware. I couldn't get the 10.6 snow leopard route to work so I created a unibeast flash drive with Lion 10.7. I get Lion to install, I downloaded DSDT H61N with HDMI and placed that on the desktop, didn't rename it. I run multi beast 4.4, used the recommended options that was posted way back in the second post with multi-beast. It says that it installs correctly. I restart, change the boot options to go from CD-Rom 1st, to HDD 1st, Cd-Rom second hit save. It restarts and when it goes to load operating system, it gives me a few boot errors, something along the lines of boot:0 gst, boot1: error, etc and then the last one says boot: done. But it stays there and doesn't load.

I restart, hit f12 and can boot into Lion from the USB drive, which is where I'm posting now, but I'm giving this to someone and was wondering how can i get it to just boot from the HDD instead of with the USB drive. I still have 10.7 installed. Did i miss something? Thanks for the help, this is the 1st custom computer i have built, mac or otherwise

Thanks for the reply. The renaming the DSDT didn't work even after a clean reinstall, same errors. I went to that link and have been having problems with the directions. I posted on that page and am waiting to hear back from that person. Still am getting the boot errors.

dervack said:
Ok, I'm trying to build a CustoMac mini from the basic setup that was listed, i.e. i3, Gigabyte H61N with the F3 firmware. I couldn't get the 10.6 snow leopard route to work so I created a unibeast flash drive with Lion 10.7. I get Lion to install, I downloaded DSDT H61N with HDMI and placed that on the desktop, didn't rename it. I run multi beast 4.4, used the recommended options that was posted way back in the second post with multi-beast. It says that it installs correctly. I restart, change the boot options to go from CD-Rom 1st, to HDD 1st, Cd-Rom second hit save. It restarts and when it goes to load operating system, it gives me a few boot errors, something along the lines of boot:0 gst, boot1: error, etc and then the last one says boot: done. But it stays there and doesn't load.

I restart, hit f12 and can boot into Lion from the USB drive, which is where I'm posting now, but I'm giving this to someone and was wondering how can i get it to just boot from the HDD instead of with the USB drive. I still have 10.7 installed. Did i miss something? Thanks for the help, this is the 1st custom computer i have built, mac or otherwise
Might try installing Chimera from the stand alone version in downloads.
I have used this when I had a system error and it corrected the boot drive.
I have never renamed the DSDT.aml file. The name included the motherboard name and installed fine.

Unfortunately I did that already and hasn't helped. It's been kinda agonizing. I want to get this computer to this person but haven't had much luck. I have it able to boot from USB but that's not an ideal solution right now. Thanks. Any other help would be great

dervack said:
Unfortunately I did that already and hasn't helped. It's been kinda agonizing. I want to get this computer to this person but haven't had much luck. I have it able to boot from USB but that's not an ideal solution right now. Thanks. Any other help would be great
In your original post you mention changing the boot order from CDROM to HDD. Does your Hack boot if you leave the CDROM as 1st boot device? :think:

If I leave the iboot CD, then it gives me the option to boot the Lion installation.

dervack said:
If I leave the iboot CD, then it gives me the option to boot the Lion installation.
OK, but I meant boot order, not with disk in drive.
I would also do an rBoot disk to install the stand alone Chimera. :think:

I'll give em both a shot tonight. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back