CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello,

I have two problems when I activate my iGPU: intel hd graphics 4600

The first problem is an increase in the boot time from approximately 7 seconds to approximately 30 seconds

The second problem is that after a short period of use, the system freezes and nothing can be done either. I had to use the restart button on the device.

Note: Without iGPU activation, the system runs smoothly and without any problem

Note: The reason I activate the iGPU is in order to activate OpenCL on Photoshop

These are the settings I made in order to activate the iGPU and I am not sure that they are 100% correct

First, Bios settings

r/hackintosh - I'm having problems when I activate my iGPU intel hd graphics 4600
Second, Config Settings

r/hackintosh - I'm having problems when I activate my iGPU intel hd graphics 4600

My hardware:

macOS Monterey 12.6 with Opencore 0.8.5

CPU: intel i7 4790k

dGPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GBRAM: 16GB 1600 MHz

iGPU: intel hd graphics 4600

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

SMBIOS: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Thank you very much in advance

The Bios options are set correctly. Don't mess about with the bios unless you know something is wrong.

IGPU only:
If you are using the IGPU to drive a display(s), then you have the correct Framebuffer added for your HD4600 IGPU, but it is lacking some companion framebuffer patches.

These are the DeviceProperties I use when the HD4600 IGPU is used to drive a display(s).

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 20.11.52.png Drive display

Discrete GPU:
If you are using a discrete GPU to drive the display(s), then you are using the wrong Framebuffer for your HD4600 IGPU. When a discrete GPU is present and used to drive a display the IGPU should use an empty framebuffer, which would look like this in OpenCore config.plist.

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 20.15.03.png Empty framebuffer.

Hope this makes sense.

First, thank you for your answer

As I am using discrete GPU to drive the display(s) I followed your instructions which you mentioned in your comment. And I just keep the AAPL,ig-platform-id. But still the same problem. System freezes after a short period of use. I also still have the same problem that the boot time is longer than usual (Approx. 30 seconds was approximately 7 seconds.)

Could it be that I am using eg SMBIOS: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) is not compatible?

Or could there be a lack or error in the Boot-args settings?
I am using: alcid=1 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera -revsbvmm -no_compat_check
(Actually my friend did it for me and I don't know if it was correct or not)

Of the boot arguments you are using alcid=1 is the only one I would recommend keeping.

I have never needed watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera -revsbvmm or -no_compat_check when running a Haswell hack.

agdpmod=pikera is only needed for AMD RX5000 & RX6000 graphics cards. Definitely not your Nvidia card.

No idea why you would used watchdog=0 or -revsbvmm, as I don’t know what either boot argument does.

While I understand the use of the -no_compat_check boot argument I have not needed it on any of my Z97 systems. I doubt you do either.

These extra boot arguments are more likely to introduce issues as they are to solve them.

Just as a favor if you don't mind
In your signature I saw that you have a config (iMac 2) that is similar to my config in terms of motherboard and processor with only the GU difference. Can you share your EFI file with me so that I can make a comparison
And thank you in advance

Edit: Solved
The problem was due to using the wrong SMBIOS for my config
Since My SMBIOS is no longer supported by Monterey. These patches were used in order to bypass this problem.
https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/09_Board-ID_VMM-Spoof
These patches help you to use your SMBIOS correctly while getting with Monterey support
Now igpu and dgpu work together without problems

OK, that's not the expected fix, but if you are happy to run your system in this manner then that's all that matters.

The normal fix is to use the iMac17,1 SMBIOS for Monterey on a Haswell system with a discrete GPU. Keeping the IGPU on a headless framebuffer with the dGPU connected to the display(s).

Here is a copy of the EFI from my iMac2 system. So you can see what I normally use on a similar Haswell system.

Attachments

• EFI-iMac2.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 59
The normal fix is to use the iMac17,1 SMBIOS

Thank you very much Edhawk for the clarification
I thought I was using it in the right way.
I fixed it again by following your advice and making it work with iMac17.1 SMBIOS.
And thank you again for sharing your EFI file with me. I appreciate it. This will help me to make a comparison and see what errors I made inside my EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back