Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have just installed Yosemite on my laptop (no additional support necessary for my laptop, same basic specs as a MacBook 6,2) with clover r3050. I have the stock HP IDT Audio HD Codec (111D:76E0) as my sound device, however, I do know that I will have to patch my audio kext to get sound working.

how should i do this

Hi,

I have just installed Yosemite on my laptop (no additional support necessary for my laptop, same basic specs as a MacBook 6,2) with clover r3050. I have the stock HP IDT Audio HD Codec (111D:76E0) as my sound device, however, I do know that I will have to patch my audio kext to get sound working.

how should i do this

If you're using Clover (you should be), see here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

I too have the same Audio device (111d:76e0). Can you guide how to patch only for Audio from the repo? I see that it's for HP Envy laptops :|

SilleBille

See patch-hda.sh. It will create an AppleHDA injector (sometimes called DummyHDA).

See patch-hda.sh. It will create an AppleHDA injector (sometimes called DummyHDA).

I successfully generated AppleHDA_IDT76e0_Envy.kext . What should I do next? :think:

Should I install it using iKext? After that apply Audio Layout 12 from laptop-dsdt-patch?

SilleBille

I successfully generated AppleHDA_IDT76e0_Envy.kext . What should I do next? :think:

Should I install it using iKext? After that apply Audio Layout 12 from laptop-dsdt-patch?

SilleBille

Make sure your DSDT has "Audio Layout 12" and "IRQ Fix" patches applied.

Then install the kext to /S/L/E using a kext installer. Make sure you have the audio patches in your config.plist (see the config.plist in the repo). Make sure vanilla AppleHDA.kext is installed. Reboot, then rebuild cache, and reboot again 2x (if necessary).

Make sure your DSDT has "Audio Layout 12" and "IRQ Fix" patches applied.

Then install the kext to /S/L/E using a kext installer. Make sure you have the audio patches in your config.plist (see the config.plist in the repo). Make sure vanilla AppleHDA.kext is installed. Reboot, then rebuild cache, and reboot again 2x (if necessary).

What do you mean by Vanilla AppleHDA.kext? Is it the original AppleHDA.kext?

If you're using Clover (you should be), see here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

Ok, I'm Back... So, I found that yosemite wasn't working properly, so I installed mavericks instead (multiple times, until I discovered that I still had Intel Smart Update On). Anyway, I'm using clover (r3050)

Q1) Inexperienced. How should I inject the Audio Layout 12 and IRQ Fix (never patched a DSDT before)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back